Baroque Bohemian Queens

Little Baron

Was using my Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot this evening. Everytime I pull it out of it's tin, I am once again taken by how breathtakingly beautiful and perfect the deck is.

Looking at the queen's, I was wondering if anyone with the accompanying book (that I cannot afford at the moment but will order one day, should it still be available) can tell me about the two cards, 'Queen of Pentacles/Coins' and 'Queen of Wands'.

The 'Queen of Pentacles' is one of the most haunting I have found in this deck. It actually creeps me out a little. It reminds me of one of those old photos you see where the dead characters from many years passed, stare out and into you as if they are still alive. Who is the kitten and why is s/he there? There is something very unnerving by the way it looks at me. And do we know what the picture on the disc is?

I was pleased to see the King and Queen of Wands looking in the direction of each other, but who is the cat behind her? A friend? A lover!? What is his significance?

There is so much to locate in these cards. They are real gems.

LB

Flidais

LittleBuddha said:
I was wondering if anyone with the accompanying book (that I cannot afford at the moment but will order one day, should it still be available) can tell me about the two cards, 'Queen of Pentacles/Coins' and 'Queen of Wands'.

With pleasure (I love this deck). The black cat behind the Queen of Wands is her "loving bodyguard." He takes the place of the black cat shown with this Queen in many decks, including the Rider deck, which is usually interpreted as "a protector, a companion who keeps the queen from harm." Of course, it is possible that this bodyguard is a bit in love with the queen (what was that movie starring Whitney Houston???)

The "mischievous kitten" by the side of the Queen of Pents reinforces the interpretation of this Queen as fertile and nurturing, someone who "loves to be with children." Note that the background image on this card is similar to that of The Empress.

Little Baron

Flidais said:
He takes the place of the black cat shown with this Queen in many decks, including the Rider deck, which is usually interpreted as "a protector, a companion who keeps the queen from harm." Of course, it is possible that this bodyguard is a bit in love with the queen (what was that movie starring Whitney Houston???)

Ah ... I never considered that. Thanks. He does look very protective. I can see sparks flying with the King there.

I havn't checked out the background of the Empress but will do in comparison tomorrow. Thanks for the insights. It has really helped.

I love this deck also and really should spend some more time with it.

Best,
LB