Being stalked by the 7 of Swords and Death

Darkhorse

Lately, I've been getting the 7 of swords (always upright) and the Death card (either reversed or upright) appearing in almost every spread I've done and also falling out of the pack when I've been shuffling.

My two least favourite cards...

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this creepy combination?

Intotouch

There are a lot of possibilities. I suggest designing a clarification reading to pinpoint what they mean. One for each card.

Lorraine1100

Depends I suppose on which way around these cards come out.

If it was the 7 of swords followed by Death then the key card after Death holds the clue as to what is going to come next.

Death and seven of swords can see a massive transformation and you walking away leaving something behind. It could mean a theft although this could be someone stealing your idea and turning it into a money making scheme. It could be unintential betrayal, say a really good friendship which is brought to an end (Death) by anothers actions.

I had this recently and a good friend of mine has betrayed me so I understand, but I had this card combo so I would be careful and watch out because this is a more likely scenario

HTH

morerain

Maybe the deck is saying 'enough already with the question (or questions)'. Stop beating a dead horse! (Death)

The 'seven of swords' guy is avoiding the question and sneaking off with the swords (clarity - the answer you're seeking). Playing a clever game with you. There's an answer the deck is not prepared to give you. This happens with the Wheel of Fortune appearing when the deck says, "the answer is unknown". Is it possible that you are the Seven of Swords and you're the one evading the truth or unable to accept the message the cards are giving you?

Metafizzypop

I've seen this card combo come up in conversation before on this forum. There's another thread somewhere around here, where somebody was always getting the 7 of Swords, no matter what question she asked. Then later, she started getting Death along with the 7 of Swords. Eventually, it turned out to be about a health problem. Something that had stayed hidden for a long time, and then made itself known all of a sudden. I think maybe to be on the safe side it might be worth getting a check-up at the doctor's. (The only issue with this is that, if the doctor asks if you've had any symptoms, you'd have to say, "Yes, I've been seeing the 7 of Swords in all my tarot readings." And then the doctor will look at you like you are a nut.)

I don't mean to get you worried or anything, but I think it's a good idea to check out your health, just cuz you never know.

MaineGirl117

There are a couple options to consider when interpreting these two cards together. Since I don't know what major issues are going on in your life, it's hard to choose one over the other.

The 7 of Swords could indicate getting a jump on the competition in order to move ahead. This could be seen in the work environment, when you overhear that a position will be opening up and you're the first to get your application in. In this sense, Death would indicate the end of one job as you transition to the next.

The 7 of Swords can also indicate a conversation between two people. Death then would tell me that this is a deeply emotional issue or something that has been bothering you for some time now and needs to be laid to rest in order to move forward. If this is the case, it would be important to approach this conversation with some forethought. You won't get anywhere close to resolving the matter if the only solution is that one person "wins" at the expense of another. Keep in mind that in the 7 of Swords, 5 swords are being stolen. The 5 of Swords card is this "Me Win, You Lose" mentality, so you have to take out the "Stinger" of the conversation beforehand (this would be akin to lopping off the tail of the scorpion. Death = Scorpio). The two remaining swords left in the ground indicates to me a level playing field. Both people's thoughts are equally important. The Death card shows a child offering a flower to the mounted horseman. Again, coming into the conversation with a "pre-planned" peace offering will serve you best.

The 7 of Swords can also indicate self-sabotaging behavior. Just when you're about to succeed, you cut your own self off at the knees. This can be a result of a deeply ingrained emotional belief that you are not worthy of receiving what you most desire (Death). You may fear change and what would happen if change occurs because when one things changes, it ripples out and changes everything else in your life.

One thing about Death/Scorpio is that it is a deeply secretive sign/card. If you share a secret with somebody, you may fear that they have power over you (7 of Swords = stealing your power).

Just a few thoughts, hope they help!