better than superglue...?

LadyofDreams

what do you think is the best "thing" to stick a crystal together with?
I have tried superglue but it fell apart again two days later.

I was very upset when it broke because it is an angel that I have carried around with me for a long time, so I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

always,
~lady~

Emily

Hi LadyofDreams,

What about the bostik type of glues? I collect figures with crystals on them and sometimes I have crystals drop off and always use Bostik or that type of glue. Superglue is too brittle. Hope this helps. :)

raeanne

Hi LadyOfDreams,
I would recommend using E6000. This is a one part epoxy (you don’t have to mix anything). It should be good for any type of stones you will want glue. It is one of the top choices for jewelry makers. It won't discolor or harm most stones. You can probably find it at a craft store for around $3.00-$5 US. Take a picture and post it when you get it repaired. It sounds lovely!

Majecot

That is good to know, I have an small crystal elephant that belonged to my monther. It was her "bingo elephant", its little trunk got broken off and I have been afraid to glue it back on because I did not want the glue to show thru.

Michelle

Great info !! I'm going to try this on my fairy with broken wings.

Thank you :).

lunalafey

I second that on the E6000.....it's super stuff that works on alot of things.
Superglue sucks!
actually the only thing superglue {medical grade} is good for is liquid stitches.

amyel

I've pm'd Ruby 7 because she's jeweler and probably knows.....

Ruby7

I'm not familiar with E-6000 but if it is an epoxy then it should definitely do the trick.

Epoxy's or cements are the way to go (making sure they are clear not a horrible yellow colour). I use Bond 527 multi-purpose cement to repair broken ornaments and to finish the knots at the end of beads I'm stringing. Drying time is important too. You'll need a quick drying glue if you are repairing something (it's just easier).

Ruby7

LadyofDreams

thank you :)

ok thanks for all the advice, i will try it again asap.

always,
~lady~