Birthday, New Year

rylla

I found this spread in a Romanian LWB. I haven't seen it anywhere yet. I have used it for many years with good results, I'd like to share with you:

Please see attached picture.

The 22 major arcana cards are placed in 2 circle, 11 cards in the inside circle (A) and 11 cards in the outside circle (B).

Choose a card from A (inside circle) - card X. This represents the essential event of the coming year or your main ambition, main preoccupation in the coming year.

The Significator (Sg) is the Empress. Look if this card is placed in the A or B circle.

If it is present in circle A:
means main events will be directed by you and will depend mostly on you, you'll have power over event, it also means personal realizations, kind of "I decide"

If it isn't in circle A: the year will be marked by passivity, most events will be imposed to you, destiny will have the bigger impact, kind of "I receive"

Starting from the Sg count 5 cards. Read the 5th card, count 5 again, so on. Notice where card X falls, its significance in this sequence of 5 by 5

Starting from card X do the same (counting 5 cards, so on). Notice where the Sg falls in the sequence, its significance and role in the coming events (comment: 'event' can mean spiritual experience as well).

(it doesn't mention in the LBW but I usually look at which cards are falling in the inside circle and which ones in the outside circle - it gives a good insight into the coming year. Exp. if the Tower is in the outside circle I'll experience it as an outside event, if it is in the inside circle most likely it'll be an inner experience, so on. Or I am looking which positive cards from the inside circle could give me strength or will be useful for me in the next year)

Each card from circle A is framed by 2 cards from circle B:

B
----A
B

the 2 B cards represent the gateway and limits of personal realization (related to card A)

they also show the material condition or the outside influences that will play a role in the likely realization of the external card

exp.

Strength
------ Hermit
World

= strength will accompany you to find your way and find yourself in the world and feel accomplished (something like that - each of us has their own interpretation)

Each card from the outside circle B is framed by 2 cards from the inside circle A:

----- A
B
----- A

the 2 A cards represents your attitude in face of the events, your receptiveness and the way you can take advantage of the events/ possibilities that occur.

exp:

----- Lovers
High Priestess
----- Hierophant

High Priestess: inner world and intuition . You'll get best results by paying attention to the choices you are making and byl keeping your faith (also to have faith in your choices)

This spread is time consuming; I usually leave out the counting of cards 5 by 5 . With each card from the inner circle being framed by 2 cards of the outside circle and vice verso, one can get plenty of insight.

ETA [edited]

Attachments

• Scan_20141227_125055.jpg
    Scan_20141227_125055.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 123

Hemera

This looks very interesting. Thank you for posting this rylla.

A few questions to clarify this a bit before I give this a go:
-are the cards dealt face down or up?
-how do I define the X-card ? Do I just choose one card that I like?

rylla

This looks very interesting. Thank you for posting this rylla.

Please DISREGARD this post. Please see my next post.

A few questions to clarify this a bit before I give this a go:
-are the cards dealt face down or up?
-how do I define the X-card ? Do I just choose one card that I like?

They are dealt face down, the X card is chosen at random. Than all the cards are turned face up.
But it is really up to you (I define in advance that the card that falls in the third or forth (or any other) position will be my X card and I deal the cards face up - but that's just me)

ETA Please DISREGARD this post. Please see my next post.

rylla

They are dealt face down, the X card is chosen at random. Than all the cards are turned face up.
But it is really up to you (I define in advance that the card that falls in the third or forth (or any other) position will be my X card and I deal the cards face up - but that's just me)

SORRY! A CORRECTION: the cards are dealt face down, the X card is chosen at random. Then you do the counting 5 by 5 turning the cards from the inside circle up as you do the counting. WHEN the inside circle is finished being read you turn up the cards from the outside circle.