Birthday tarot cards and their significance

builder

Hi all,

First off, I'm new here, so hello everyone and nice to be here. And if this is the wrong subforum or if this has already been discussed, sorry.

So, I was thinking about the Tarot cards associated with one's birthday and their significance. Everyone has a Trump, a Minor and a Court card associated with their birthday, depending on the decan of their Zodiacal sign. I was thinking it would be cool to have a thread where people share their thoughts on the significance of these cards, and how they've found them to describe themselves or their life.

You can find your birthday cards here by locating the period under which you were born to the right in the table:
http://supertarot.co.uk/astrology/timing.htm
For example, if I were born on 5th October, my birthday cards would be 3 of Swords, Queen of Swords and Justice.

My cards happen to be 3 of Cups, Queen of Cups and The Chariot. Now, I'm in my early twenties and started my Tarot study about a half year ago, so I it's limited how much I can relate to these cards. However, I'll try anyway. The easiest one for me is the Queen of Cups. I'm pretty sure that the Court card represents a dominant part of one's personality, for what else would it be? I identify much with this queen (at least the way I see her): introverted, deeply affected by emotions of herself and others, moody, sensible, sensitive, being able to feel and emphasize with others easily, and on the negative side, most of all having a hard time concentrating on all daily, mundane matters without eventually ending up in daydreaming or something similar.

3 of Cups is to me (at least when I look at the RWS card) a card of celebrating, partying, having fun, being social -- despite the introverted nature of the Queen. And while I very much appreciate and have a need for time alone, I also enjoy being with friends and having a bloody great time, and often. Even to the point of having too much fun. It's a balance thing. This may be a shallow understanding of this card, so if you've any other ideas, feel free to bring them up.

The Chariot is quite complex IMO. It's funny how I often see this card related by others to strong determination, power of will, success, victory, control, and the like -- all the while it's attributed to a "passive" Water sign, Cancer. Given the previously given meanings of the card, I would of course think that this would be a Fire card, but it's not. Anyway, those were the meanings I most often stumble across when reading about this card. I've also read elsewhere it's about union, and balance of, opposites, and duality. This I think is more fitting. Also, the Charioteer is heavily armored and therefore on the defensive. This could mean that it's hard to see the real him behind his armor, and I think that would actually apply to me, and maybe even the Queen of Cups as well. Being Water of Water, one sees great reflection in the Queen, and perhaps when looking at her, you're really to a great extent looking at yourself. Interestingly this could mean that the Queen is perceived as friendly by many types of people who are wholly different, because they see themselves in her, and I find this to be the case with me to some extent as well in that I have friends of quite different "types".

Enough about me. Your turn! What are your birthday cards, if you care to share, and how do you find that they relate to your life? And generally speaking we could discuss the following: Are all these birthday cards cards which relate to one's personality, or do they perhaps denote major "lessons" in one's life, or both, or something else?

Thanks for reading. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this :)

tarotbear

Hi! Welcome to AT!

You might want to do a search for 'Birth Cards' and 'Year Cards' to see how many people have used numerology & Tarot to 'find their cards.'

I'm a One - the Magician, The Wheel, and The Sun.