Blank Cards

Chronata

For those of you looking for a place to aquire blank cards to do your own minute tarots!

I searched a few stores locally...including the old teacher's supply place where I got my original deck...but couldn't really find what i was looking for.

so I looked up a few online sources...

of course, you can get a blank deck of RWS style backs...in that tarot size from US Games website and catalog...

But smaller blank card decks can also be found ...

www.plaincards.com which has a downloadable software version, and also a cardstock that has glossy finished pre-printed backs. They also have ones that are blank on both sides. I think these are mostly meant for the computer...but this is an intriguing source for self published small print runs of a tarot deck.

www.eaieducation.com/530658.html These also have preprinted backs, and only 50 cards per deck...but they are so reasonable you can get several for a complete 78

www.dickblick.com/zz614/42 Art supply house...has two sizes of preprinted backs, that come in decks of 60.

Still on the lookout for more cards that are blank on both sides...but this is a start!

Elven

Hi Chronata :)

This is a great resource - thankyou!! :)
Im always on the lookout for blank cards!! Brilliant!! :)

Many Blessings
Elven x

Emeraldgirl

Thanks Chronata :D

I have been on the lookout for blank cards as there are a few projects in my mind at the moment.

Amhran

blank cards to "shiny"

I had a deck of blank cards that were blank on both sides. I don't remember where I got them, but even the less glossy side was too shiny to draw or paint on. It seemed to make more sense to get good quality "art project" paper (like bristol board), heavy drawing paper or watercolor paper and just cut it down to size maybe with a paper cutter (the type in most offices, and places like Staples and Kinko's in the U.S.)

Chronata

Amhran said:
I had a deck of blank cards that were blank on both sides. I don't remember where I got them, but even the less glossy side was too shiny to draw or paint on.

Yeah...I admit...the cards I used wouldn't take most medium, due to the shiny quality...

but Sharpie permenant markers worked really well, and I have had some success with acrylic paint.

It would be really wonderful to get bristol board cards...but the edges of that paper would make them difficult to actually use or shuffle, I would think...
but how cool... to be able to do watercolor cards!

I re-edited the link for Dick Blick to go directly to the cards.
These claim you can use pencil...so I imagine they wouldn't be that shiny!

Still looking for others....
If anyone else has a great source...please include it here! :)

Ankou

I like getting the small postcard size water color pads for making cards. Very little cutting required (If you like bigger cards) except maybe rounding corners. They come in diff. thicknesses, but any craft store will carry them. I get mine from Utrecht which also has catalouge and website stuff.

Love and Light,

Ankou

urbandryad

These would be perfect for me! Awesome, thanks for the resource, I've been hoping for something like this to come up! :D

blackroseivy

Well, there's always good ol' eBay for a cheap price on the US Games ones, that's where I'm getting mine - I find them TINY. & here you are giving us SMALLER ones??!! :p Well, I might be willing to try it, but honestly, I don't like tiny ones, you can't see the art! I'm going to be doing that cutting down of good, firm smooth-type watercolor paper, gluing on the prints on MATTE paper, & then I will be VARNISHING them, which will make them shufflable & protect the edges - as a matter of fact, what I want to do is to gild the edges with the gilding size which will really seal the edges. I'll report on my experiment! :D

Incidentaly, these will be 2 different decks - oh, & I have a whole roll of holographic film, which I wanted to use for the backs. With that adhesive, the backs wouldn't matter!

blackroseivy

Hey, I just caught that pre-cut card-sized watercolor paper - KEWL! :D That's what I'll be using! Thanx for mentioning it, Ankou!