Brenda Moore's Facing a challenge spread . . .

nord_drache

Brenda Moore's Facing a challenge spread . . .
from her Book Tarot spreads (I tried looking up one on line giving her credit, couldn't find one) so I will enter it manually . . .
It uses 4 cards . . .
______1*
_____2*_3*
______4*
1= The Challenge (nature of, what you need to know about it) 2=Your Strength (to be used to face the challenge) 3=your weakness (biggest one to be careful of facing it) 4= Advice (used to make 2 counterbalance 3)

What I liked about this is how she noted 2 & 3 oppose each other and 1 & 4 relate to 2&3 more than each other. I hadn't realized how important these interactions through positions were.
I went back to an old reading I had done with the challenge being how to rekindle my creativity. When I revisited the reading I rewrote it down with challenge on the top 2 & 3 as columns below that and 4 below it.
It fell into place and a light in regards to me doing my readings and the actual question as well.

I just believe it gives a really good overview showing interactions as well.
Jim

Etene

Strength on the left and weakness on the right contrasts against the traditional assignment of those notions to sides. Is this designed as a compensation, or is Brenda Moore left handed? ;)

Hemera

Good point :) I think it would make sense either way.
If the weaknesses are on the left you can feel that you are leaving them behind - rather like the past in CC. On the other hand, if strengths are on the left, like here, you can sort of feel that you can lean on them and that they are backing you up. You could feel it facing the weakness and driving it away. What do you think?

nord_drache

Good point :) I think it would make sense either way.
If the weaknesses are on the left you can feel that you are leaving them behind - rather like the past in CC. On the other hand, if strengths are on the left, like here, you can sort of feel that you can lean on them and that they are backing you up. You could feel it facing the weakness and driving it away. What do you think?

I think definitely as it may be reminding us of a strength we may have forgotten we have.

I guess due to my newness to Tarot traditional positions don't automatically come to mind and I guess that just ends up reminding me to take positioning / and how cards relate to each other into consideration.

Thanks,
Jim

Hemera

I guess due to my newness to Tarot traditional positions don't automatically come to mind
Oh, I think this is excellent. You are not bound by traditions and are able think out of the box :thumbsup: