Camoin Tarot Symbols In Various Cards

anubis777

Hello All,
I was pondering what the red triangles on the hat of L'Empereur & La force mean & symbolize? Also on La force the black line across the womans neck is it holding her cape or something else? Also there looks like what appears a hand on the chest of Temperance does anyone know what that could mean as well? On Le Toille this is really going to sound crazy but does anyone else see the yellow buttocks behind her leg? Is it really a symbol of the buttocks or am i seeing things? Finally what in the world (no pun intended) is the 2 strawberries/tomatoes that are in between the bull & lion on Le Monde? I have searched the forum on the strawberry symbols but nobody has ever written about it or addressed it. Well i hope someone will enlighten me on these symbols.

anubis777

More Symbols In The Camoin Tarot

I thought i might as well ask about the other symbols that i have noticed & maybe someone will provide me an answer. The other strange symbol is the adams apple on Limperatrice & what looks to be another hand is on the neck of L'Empereur what can that mean if it is a hand? Also i see what looks like to me to be a yellow wicker jar/basket in the middle of the guys legs in the Lamovreux card what can this mean if anything? Also in Le chariot there appears a small blue rope on his right arm again any symbolic meaning to this? Continuing my madness what about the orange looking moon in the back of the neck of the L'Hermite? Now in La Lune i read where Jodorowsky says that in the left lower side of the card where you see the red/green looking hump that it is actually a camels hump any thoughts on this? Finally has anyone noticed that on the Le Iugement/Judgement card the woman on the left has only 3 fingers & her elbow touches the elbow of the blue figure? Ok well i hope to get some good responses feel free to email me if need be.......

patrickjutte

More Symbols In The Camoin Tarot

what about the "skull" in Lamoureuxand the string (not streched) on the bow of the cupid.
what's that red thing on the forehead of the angel of Judgement
the "book" at the lower side of the cloak of the Hermit or the tiny ball ont the left pillar of Justice, the 'red plankets" (world en star). And what about the little "fishsymbool" on the right side of the water on the Mooncard. Not to mention the "snakehead" (the one who touches the ball) in the flames on the tower-card. Is the left figure on the pope-card grabbing the groin of the other figure? and is there another arm (right figure) coming out from nowhere?
Why is the hanged man the only figure whose ear is shown ans why does the angel on Jugdgement have wings as ears?
Why has the woman (strenght) has six toes? Does the lion's head lay with purpose in the lap/womb of the woman? Is the fool beheaded with his stick?...or is it a spoon?...
is there a hole in the upper leg of the fool?And....is there realy a vagina between the legs of le Bateleur and a penis on the chest of papesse?
Where is the fourth leg of the table of card I (is it realy on the left side of the popesscard (beneath the book), and...why are there 17 lines in the book of her (correlation with the Star card?)
Is the Satwoman pregnant (and what about the "moon" on her forehead? What is the red thing at the lower side of the tree (left, starcard), or, is it an arrow? and ismthere a mouth on her belly. What about the bells in the hair of the bateleur, is the emperor kicking the eagle and what is that strange red thing above his red shoe? Is that a compass on his head (and does his leg(s) form a square...), why does the right horse on the chariot winks with the right eye? and the the horses have only 3 feet (the feet at the back forms an M?), why are wheels on that card are places horizontaly?
The 3 crosses of card 2 and card 5 (x- the 24t letter of the alphabeth, so...xxx, 666)
Look at the red "thing" at the upper spine of the skeleton (grain?). Is the left figure on the Suncard blind? and what is that blue space behind the legs of the right figure and does the left figure has a tale?
These are "camoin-codes/symbols", some does occur on other Marseille decks some don't...

greetings Patrick

Paul

Wow.

I would add this vantage point on these micro-symbols. In my opinion, reading the TdM, especially in the manner of the Camoin Method or other similar methods, is about how the cards and micro-symbols relate to each other within the context of the question.

So, a ball here, a book there, a snake up there, a vagina down there...well, it is really about how they relate to symbols in proximity (next to or above/below). Indeed, we can look for lexicon meanings of these symbols, fine. But, more powerfully, it is the combination of symbols that provides the confirmation of an idea. This idea may in fact be a metaphor or simile, even an icon or image, of the conclusion one is supposed to receive. This combination of symbols allows one to confirm yes/no/concept, rather than reading into the cards what one wants to see. However, because there are many symbols on many cards-- and because the Camoin Method in particular may use many cards in a kind of storyline sentence-structure-- indeed, there can be a cacophany of symbols to the untrained eye.

When one considers the context of the question, the precise symbols that become salient (from the Latin, "to leap out"; so the symbols that leap out) are more apparent. Often, the symbolic structure is so clever, even a pun, even using the precise idiomatic expression of the querent's question, for example.

But, also keep in mind that the TdM will use whatever unconscious symbolism is familiar to YOU with which to speak. I speak animistically here for ease of expression (i.e. the force that animates the Tarot, or whatever force is at work, is another thread, entirely).

patrickjutte

Paul,

Well said; but could you give some clear examples of symbols that really leap out, as you say. Like for instance, are there any totally inapropriate combinations. Or, is anything possible?

Paul

Hello all --

My silence should not be read as me being top-secret-agent-man.
I am moving a household, so this is preoccupying my time. In any country, I would imagine all can appreciate the million details that go into this. But, what a time to simplify !

Goodness, the crap we accumulate !

Paul

Bernice

Paul: ....But, also keep in mind that the TdM will use whatever unconscious symbolism is familiar to YOU with which to speak.
Yes as always, the 'message' is really in the reader, not the cards themselves. And we all read so differently, it's amazing how well the TdM speaks to so many differences!

Bee :)