Can cards represent people in your life?

artsytiger89

In most of my readings for myself I usually get some of the same cards. I know it's because of the place I am in my life right now. But I usually get the Page of Wands, and I think that represents my boyfriend. I have done readings in a long time period and he has been in many of them....can the card represent him??

thanks-
artsytiger89

Sulis

Yes they can.

If you think that the Page of Wands represents your boyfriend then it probably does.

The court cards can represent people in our lives, situations or aspects of the querants personality that are either needed or that are uppermost at the time.

Other cards develop personal meanings for peope too - I always get the Moon reversed or the Queen of Swords reversed when I'm feeling a little pre-menstrual and I often get the 9 of Swords when I'm having a lot of headaches that keep me awake at night.

Love

Sulis xx

caridwen

artsytiger89 said:
In most of my readings for myself I usually get some of the same cards. I know it's because of the place I am in my life right now. But I usually get the Page of Wands, and I think that represents my boyfriend. I have done readings in a long time period and he has been in many of them....can the card represent...

Yes the cards can represent people and the Page may be reflecting an aspect of your boyfriend. I doubt one card represents every facet of a person but can be a part of that person's character or the way they are acting at that time. It could also be advice on what attributes to take onboard or, as with the Knights for example, characteristics that aren't working for you or contributing to your problem. I suggest you read Joan Bunning's site: Learning Tarot and take a look at the Court cards in both Thirteens' Tarot Basics and the discussion posts

You could also try posting your readings in the Your Readings forum when you have the right post count. And please keep asking questions:)

Rachel Nguyen

In a class I taught last winter, one of the students did something cool. She made a list of the people in her life and then pulled cards for each of them. If I remember correctly, she separated the courts out and just used them. It was very interesting, because a lot of the cards were really unexpected, but definately added to her understanding of her relationship with them. I would probably go a step further and pull a trump, too.

Love,
Rachel

WalesWoman

caridwen said:
Yes the cards can represent people and the Page may be reflecting an aspect of your boyfriend. I doubt one card represents every facet of a person but can be a part of that person's character or the way they are acting at that time. It could also be advice on what attributes to take onboard or, as with the Knights for example, characteristics that aren't working for you or contributing to your problem. I And please keep asking questions:)
Caridwen, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Court cards can represent people in your life... or rather one facet of them... I think it's nice to recognise when it does refer to a specific person, but the danger is to fall into a trap of generalizing them into that role and not recognizing when it could actually be telling you something much different, an attitude or way of approaching and dealing with the situation.

We change from one day to the next, simply in our attitudes and how we are feeling that day... so we can't always be Queen Wands when in reality we might need to learn something and use a pages approach. Every Queen Swords is not going to mean a lone bitter woman with a bad attitude... so the main thing is to look at all the aspects and try them on for size rather than stereotyping... and not really seeing what might be there.

SunChariot

artsytiger89 said:
In most of my readings for myself I usually get some of the same cards. I know it's because of the place I am in my life right now. But I usually get the Page of Wands, and I think that represents my boyfriend. I have done readings in a long time period and he has been in many of them....can the card represent him??

thanks-
artsytiger89
Definitely. All the court cards can and do. But it can go behond that, as we all develop our own personal associations with certain cards.

Once I calculated the soul and personality cards for my best friend, who is also my former boyfriend. Both of his cards came out to the be Hierophant. So for me whenever I see the Hierophant it has associations with him. And Tarot, of course, will send us messages in the way we perceive them, so I often see now that this card comes up when I do a reading about him.

What you think the card represents is what it represent to you. The way I see it Tarot is about learning to follow your instincts. If something in you feels it is him, then for you that card represents him in some way.

Bar