Can the Tarot fortell physical death?

kagsy

At the beginning of the year I did a 12 card year ahead spread. For the month of July, the ten of swords came up. Of course I found this a bit disturbing, but left it at that.

A couple of weeks ago, I did a one card spread asking what the x of swords for July was referencing and I got Death. Now this really did disturb me. I asked who this was referring to and I got the King of Pentacles. Two people came to mind with this card. My boyfriend and my father, both who are business men and always very generous to me.

I kind of pushed into the back of my mind until today. I was doing tarot and my boyfriend came over and just for fun I told him to pick a card. He chose Death. It scared me so I reshuffled and asked him to pick again. Death. Again. So as not to freak us both out I said choose one more time and he got VI of Swords.

I told him that this meant his troubles were coming to and he'd soon get a break. I mostly just said that to make myself feel better. Can anybody please give their opinion on this? I'm still new to tarot so is there another interpretation besides physical death?

And if death is what it means, I don't believe the tarot would bring something like this to your attention if it was set in stone and it is more like a warning. If this is true, do you have any ideas or spread suggestions to do for "What should I do to make sure this does not come to pass?"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ascot

I think your interpretation that you told to your boyfriend are right on the money. Death in this instance sounds very positive.

Indigo Rose

kagsy said:
I told him that this meant his troubles were coming to and he'd soon get a break. I mostly just said that to make myself feel better. Can anybody please give their opinion on this? I'm still new to tarot so is there another interpretation besides physical death?

Hi Kagsy. Yes, physical death can be revealed through the Tarot. However, there is usually more than one indicator. The cards: 10 of Swords, Death, and the 6 of Swords... all together... can indicate the possibility of a physical death. Yet, they can also indicate a major life change which brings about a better circumstance. This is where reading for self and loved ones really becomes a challenge, because it's hard to know what we are seeing. Our closeness to the outcome can alter our Intuitive sense, and we end up seeing what we either fear most or want most...not what is actually there.

kagsy said:
And if death is what it means, I don't believe the tarot would bring something like this to your attention if it was set in stone and it is more like a warning. If this is true, do you have any ideas or spread suggestions to do for "What should I do to make sure this does not come to pass?"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I caution you not to assume the Tarot won't reveal something which is set in stone. While it's true of minors, Majors can often reveal events or major life cycles occurring for someone. In the case of your readings, there is likely to be a definite change for that King of Pentacles...or he is in a cycle of changes; however, I think the minor... 6 of Swords...gives some positive indications to the nature of the change/s. As swords deal with the mind or mental processes, perhaps the major change will be in the mindset...the way of thinking, which leads to greater peace of mind ahead. ***added after the original post***Of course, since this was your reading it could be indicating you are the person who will go through a change...perhaps your way of viewing the King of Pentacles will be altered in some way for the better. I'm sure it will make sense in time, and will help you better understand how to interpret your readings.
I suggest you give yourself a break from worrying over these readings for now. Pray or meditate on peace and good health for your Dad and Boyfriend...and just focus on loving them well.

:heart: IR

willowfox

10 swords could indicate a few things, such as a contract or business deal falling through, a generally bad month for business and followed by Death would then suggests a turn around in financial dealings.
So, if someone loses money in July then Death would indicate that the loses would finally stop, and things would indeed get better.

This could well be about business.

balenciaga

yes, tarot can foretell Death. I have seen it happen. And usually the 10 sw is present, but as others have said, additional cards must be present - but they can vary. Death, Star, 5 cups, etc. You can feel the energy of Death very strongly if it is close - the cards will be suffused with it.