Can you make up your own spread

Amythist

I have a habbit of doing a 25 card spread every now and then . With 5 rows of cards. does it matter how the spread is layed out. I have always wondered.

Phoenix

You can certainly make up your own spreads. Check out the Tarot Soreads forum to see spreads made by various Aelcectic members.

Maan

IMO Not!
You can make up what ever you feel like and put the cards in what ever patern you like them
:)

Amythist

LMAO thankyou soooooooooooo much

sagitarian

ABSOULUTELY

Absoulutely you can make up your own spreads. I have yet to of owned a deck yet that didn't tell me how they wanted to be read. Usually a spread that the cards/I make up.

wolfen045

I also create my own spreads or adapt different spreads that I have come across in various books to my own needs. Tarot is a very "living " means to gain new insights into (ala Douglas Adams) Life, The Universe and Everything. I think an element of play and creativity can heighten one's powers of intuition. Enjoy!
wolfen

Icestorm

Certainly my own spread works better for me than other ones, but then I havent had the courage to try and read a 25 card spread yet! (thats gotta be difficult!)
My own spread is a 4 card spread, but definitely appeals more to me than some of the spreads that the 'books' teach. So, in that sense, Be creative and make away!

Amythist

It is not as hard as it sounds. The way i do it quite easy but i havent a clue what the spread it. You can interpret the cards your own way but it is a neat spread. I only done this spread cos i was bored and wanting to do a small reading. I always thouhgt it was a small Till i met you guys. lol . Why not give it a try.

Aoife

Amythist, could you post a reading you've done with this spread. I'd be really interested to see it. Thanks

Eve

Amythist

I cpould but it would take 2 hours to type

I will when i get time off. I wont be for a while as i only done 1 the other night but i suppose i could if you want.. You will have to waite is that ok