Canfield Tarot Spread

krysia322

I might have mentioned this one before, but I finally got around to making a printable sheet for those who enjoy getting both a game as well as a tarot reading.

I started doing it over a decade ago; the inspiration struck when I realized that at the end of a game, I'd get the same cards over and over again. I thought to try it with my tarot deck, and I've done it ever since.

I've modified the solitaire game to reflect the additional (page) card; for those familiar with the game, rather than lay down 13 in the "backup pile", I lay down 14.

Another modification is that when I then deal out the 4 cards to the right of the backup pile, and then the 5th card on top of the first of the 4, any major cards found in that initial deal are brought up to above the 5th card, from left to right (for a maximum of 4; any additional majors revealed from the backup pile during the course of the game are stacked face up on top of the initial 4). The rest of the game is played just as the Canfield game.

As for the hand deck, myself, I deal 3 at a time. If a major is the next (or first) one up of the 3, it isn't played from the hand; another 3 is dealt. If the major is revealed on top of the first 3, you might as well set that aside, as no plays may be made with those first 3 cards.

The game is played until no further moves can be made.

The bottom row cards are stacked; the last card in each solitaire played (eg: 10 of cups on top of page of wands, 9 of swords on top of the 10, 8 of coins on top of the 9... etc.) is the final "reading" card.

I made this PDF document for easy download and printing, and hopefully will answer any questions. The final game stats are read both up and down as well as from left to right; a gradient of past ---- future. If there's a remaining amount of cards in the "backup pile"; the last card (facing down) that you see when you pick up the stack and turn it over becomes the "root/basis" of the matter card.

Here's the link to the PDF file: http://www.krysiasweb.net/Canfield_Tarot_Spread_Sheet.pdf

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Enjoy and have fun! :)

~ Krysia