Cards on the bottom of the deck

Niti

I'm curious if anyone considers the cards that show up on the bottom of the deck once you've finished shuffling to mean anything? For some reason, I've taken to checking that card after some of my readings and I often find that it relates to the spread.

Do any of you use cards from the bottom of the deck in your readings? If so, how do you integrate it into a reading/spread? Does the significance of the card change by being on the bottom instead of the top of the deck?

Niti

elvenstar

Yes, a lot of people do take it into account, I do too sometimes. For me it often shows an underlying motive or factor. Search for threads with 'shadow card' or 'base card' in the title, there's been a lot of discussions, like here and here for example. :)

starrystarrynight

I do, for sure. I think of that bottom card as the overall energy the seeker brings to the question of the reading and/or an overview of the reading itself. If it's a trump, I sometimes think of it as the overall lesson the seeker may need to take from the reading.

I don't consider the top card, though, or even look at it, usually. :)

Niti

elvenstar said:
Yes, a lot of people do take it into account, I do too sometimes. For me it often shows an underlying motive or factor. Search for threads with 'shadow card' or 'base card' in the title, there's been a lot of discussions, like here and here for example. :)
Ahh thank you, I thought I remembered reading about this a long time ago when I used to come here but I couldn't remember where or what it was called!

Xara

Hi Niti :)

Like ElvenStar and StaryStaryNight have said, it's ofen the "underlying" reason a querent's asked a question. I have found that it works very well in answering e-mail enquiries, especially if you think: What the heck does this question actually mean? or Why are they asking this?

Often, it can provide some insight into the situation.

But thanks for those links ElvenStar, I'll go and check those out too :)

--------------------------------
Blessings to you all.
Xara
na cuidbhle tionndaidh

konayuki

I've always wondered about the last cards of the deck, now that I know what it means, perhaps I'll try to incorporate them into my readings. :)