Cardstock Of The Drogi?

Muir Aingeal

I just recently bought the Tarot Terapia Slowem deck and one my cards already has a small bend and tiny rip in the card. This has never happened to any of my decks before so I am a bit upset by it.

I would like to buy the Tarot Swietlistej Drogi but if the cardstock is not any better then the slowem I think I will pass on it.

I'm wondering if anyone here has both the Drogi and the Terapia Slowem and if you do, is the cardstock similar with both of these decks??

AJ

edited to say I worked with the Drogi all last week and the minors particularly are a smörgåsbord for reading. I think this is the only deck I've worked with in which the minors were more fully illustrated than the majors.

I find the cardstock stiff, but I was handling it gently because the deck is off on a journey come tomorrow.

Muir Aingeal

Thanks AJ I may just pass on it. I'm not careless with any of my decks so I'm not sure what happened with this one???

6 Haunted Days

That's strange!

I have the Drogi and my cardstock is very substantial! Very sturdy, thick but not majorly thick. It's far from flimsy or bendable! It's one of my more durable decks.

Perhaps I have a different print run or something?

Muir Aingeal

Thanks 6HD maybe I will give it a go. I love the look of the deck, the sweeping gold on the black background so perhaps I will give it a chance.

Sulis

I have the Drogi and I think the cardstock is fine.

tapestry

I have it, too, and I think the cardstock is one of the more durable of the decks that I have. It is a really *gorgeous* deck and I would say to go for it while you can as at some point in the not-too-distant future, I think this one will be very hard to find.

Astraea

I don't have the Terapia Slowem so I can't compare the two decks, but the cardstock on the Drogis seems fine to me -- neither too thick nor too thin. I've had them for a long time and they are still in great shape.

Skydancer

I have the Drogi from TG and it's fine. But then again, I don't "poker shuffle" and tend to go slow and easy with my cards. I haven't found anything flimsy about it.

I'm very glad I finally got it, after nearly a year of waffling back and forth. It was Umbrae's comments that finally pushed me over the edge - and no regrets. But the deck does take some getting used to. Put pre-conceived notions aside when reading with it.

*S*

Muir Aingeal

I finally have the Drogi in my hands and the cardstock is MUCH better then the Terapia. It shuffles a lot better too. I still like the Terapia but just wish the cardstock was a bit better.