CC as an overview of my life.. /confused

Confuse

Just made an introduction thread a little while ago, so I'm new here. New to tarot as well, so bear with me as I try to make sense of this. (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=138311 If you want to know more about me.)

I've been working on and off about 5 hours a day for the past 4 days just doing random readings about myself and coming up with some useful answers. Nothing really specific here, just some practice to get used to the cards. I'm still having ALOT of problems with the court cards, despite reading countless articles about them and trying to meditate over each one. This morning, I felt something in my life had changed quite dramatically and I went to do a Celtic Cross spread.

I litterally told the cards to show me an overview of my life, so this a very general spread. However, I ran into a rather shocking reading with 7 great arcana and court cards in the most confusing places. This is what I got and some of my thoughts on them:

No reversals, Universal Tarot. (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/universal-2/)

1: Present The High Priestess II
This card is talking about some of the self development I have done recently, I've come to great epiphanies working with the cards and meditating, with my subconscious learning things my conscious has not.. in the process of shifting that knowledge around.

2: Immediate Challenge Justice XI
This card utterly confused me.. I'm not dealing with any legal matters, in fact the only real issue I'm having right now is trying to convince a friend to open up a bit so she can better her life. Besides that, it's just me feeling lonely and deprived in a material sense.

3: Distant Past The Fool 0
Probably relating to me really beginning to study the occult about 5 months ago. (I've lived with psychic people and abilities, used them as well. But I never began to apply them fully until then.)

4: Recent Past The Hanged Man XII
I think this card could be about a recent decision I just made, before then I was just kind of existing not doing much of anything while I was trying to decide.

5: Best Outcome The King of Pentacles
Erhm... help?

6: Near Future Death
Doesn't shock me... 4th time in a row I've gotten death as a near future or present card. Just the dramatic change in my life that's about to happen. In most other cases it was usually surrounded by either the star or moon.

7: Factors Affecting Situation The Tower XVI
I'm not quite sure how this is to be interpreted, it goes hand in hand with death, but..

8: External Influences 8 of Pentacles
Intuition states that this card is referring to how I'm finishing up my work to receive the benefits. Adding the polishing touches.

9: Hopes and Fears Knave (Page) of Wands, The Wheel X, 9 of Wands
The court card wasn't really saying much to me so I chose to draw two more cards to elaborate on it... still not much help

10: Final Outcome Knight of Swords, Knave (Page) of pentacles, Ace of Pentacles
Same thing as above, two more cards to elaborate... and still so confused.

Anyone's insight would be appreciated here, this is by far the most dramatic set of cards I've gotten, and the first that's truly confused me.

EDIT: Just got Justice again in another spread for the problem..

Amanda

Confuse said:
No reversals, Universal Tarot. (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/universal-2/)

1: Present The High Priestess II
This card is talking about some of the self development I have done recently, I've come to great epiphanies working with the cards and meditating, with my subconscious learning things my conscious has not.. in the process of shifting that knowledge around.

High Priestess- You are delving into deeper knowledge, the occult, the hidden mysteries of life. She's also probably one of the best cards to get for a tarot reader.

2: Immediate Challenge Justice XI
This card utterly confused me.. I'm not dealing with any legal matters, in fact the only real issue I'm having right now is trying to convince a friend to open up a bit so she can better her life. Besides that, it's just me feeling lonely and deprived in a material sense.

Logic and reasoning are getting in the way for you. However, there is such a thing as "higher reasoning" and you need to tap into that a little bit more to help you. But essentially, I think this is saying that logic is the roadblock at the present time- which would be typical if you are just starting out, so don't read too much into what I'm saying here. I'm not insisting that you're "wrong" or "stupid" - but you have much to learn yet that's going to require you to step outside your mind as it is now.

3: Distant Past The Fool 0
Probably relating to me really beginning to study the occult about 5 months ago. (I've lived with psychic people and abilities, used them as well. But I never began to apply them fully until then.)

I agree with this.

4: Recent Past The Hanged Man XII
I think this card could be about a recent decision I just made, before then I was just kind of existing not doing much of anything while I was trying to decide.

You are/have been in a period of waiting. Judging from the energy I get from you, but seeing that you are actually 15 in your introductory post- woah. You are ahead of your time my friend.

Erhm... help?

I'm not actually supposed to help you with this reading or card placements as per the rules, unless you make an attempt first at trying to decipher what they mean. So, to stick with the rules, I'll have to omit what I think here.

6: Near Future Death
Doesn't shock me... 4th time in a row I've gotten death as a near future or present card. Just the dramatic change in my life that's about to happen. In most other cases it was usually surrounded by either the star or moon.

This could be about letting go of what you have come to learn in your life. But judging from some of these other major arcana, it seems like it will probably be more of a transition in who you believe you are.

I'm not quite sure how this is to be interpreted, it goes hand in hand with death, but..

I can't help you with this one again, tell me what you honestly think first, and I'll give you my interpretation of it.

8: External Influences 8 of Pentacles
Intuition states that this card is referring to how I'm finishing up my work to receive the benefits. Adding the polishing touches.

This is 'life as usual' as to what is going on around you. School, etc.

The court card wasn't really saying much to me so I chose to draw two more cards to elaborate on it... still not much help

You need to try. If it helps, break it down. What do pages mean to you? What do wands mean to you? Then put it together. You'll need to tell what you think of the clarifying cards as well, so I can help you with those.

Same thing as above, two more cards to elaborate... and still so confused.

Another tip- don't pull more cards if you're confused on the initial cards you pulled. :)

Anyone's insight would be appreciated here, this is by far the most dramatic set of cards I've gotten, and the first that's truly confused me.

EDIT: Just got Justice again in another spread for the problem..

It's not quite as dramatic as you think. But you will need to provide an honest effort at the cards you skipped before I (or others) can chime in with our interpretations. There is more than enough people here who will be willing to chime in when you do so. :)

Confuse

Amanda_04 said:
Logic and reasoning are getting in the way for you. However, there is such a thing as "higher reasoning" and you need to tap into that a little bit more to help you. But essentially, I think this is saying that logic is the roadblock at the present time- which would be typical if you are just starting out, so don't read too much into what I'm saying here. I'm not insisting that you're "wrong" or "stupid" - but you have much to learn yet that's going to require you to step outside your mind as it is now.
Excellent, because that hits my problem right on the head. Don't think, feel.
Amanda_04 said:
You are/have been in a period of waiting. Judging from the energy I get from you, but seeing that you are actually 15 in your introductory post- woah. You are ahead of your time my friend.
I've seen alot in my short time, helped people with knowledge I don't have and generally been over exposed to deep thought... For better or worse :).
Amanda_04 said:
You need to try. If it helps, break it down. What do pages mean to you? What do wands mean to you? Then put it together. You'll need to tell what you think of the clarifying cards as well, so I can help you with those.

It's not quite as dramatic as you think. But you will need to provide an honest effort at the cards you skipped before I (or others) can chime in with our interpretations. There is more than enough people here who will be willing to chime in when you do so. :)

Very well, let's see what I get after a little bit of meditation over the cards.

This card jumped out and said 'Mature' to me. I believe it's saying that I will (or can) shift from my current view of my wealth, and settle into a more grounded understanding of things. Perhaps finding a foothold and becoming more diligent in my endeavors, instead of an airy, fickle discipline.

Sometimes I think the obvious is a little too obvious. I feel that I had turned a blind eye to things that have happened until recently, and I'm still trying to recover from the backlog of events.

Working with a progressive method, The Knave of Wands really strikes me as a card of power and irresponsibility. Not having the forsight to know the consequences of his actions, nor where to apply the new found ability to change things. I'm not entirely sure how this fits in with the duality of hopes/fears though, but that is what the card represents to me.

Applying the Wheel to this it's possible I'm not comfortable leaving things up to chance. I'm not. Maybe I don't want to exercise the new power as I don't know what may happen.

The 9 of Wands just screams 'perseverance' to me. If we take it in this context, maybe I also feel that I'm not wholly sure if I posess the fortitude to take responsibility for my actions.

In my experience, the Knight of Swords is a card of discriminant action. Act first, think later. Keeping the naivety of the the Knave, the Knave of Pentacles reminds me of a child who was given their first dollar and then sent into the candy store alone. These three cards kind of tell me that I'm diving into something brand new, without thinking too much about it... Which isn't me usually - but that's what I get from these.

Quite dramatic to my mind, seeing as there's never really been anything said in a reading that I didn't already know. This one isn't the case.. I mean some of the other cards I was getting was something like:

Why is my situation like this: 10 of Swords
What can I do to fix it? : The Magician

It's a slap in the face that tells me just to work with what I have, that and usually cards telling me something really big is about to happen, which I've felt for quite a while... I think the night before this really opened something up though and it could have been what I was seeing.

Amanda

Confuse said:
This card jumped out and said 'Mature' to me. I believe it's saying that I will (or can) shift from my current view of my wealth, and settle into a more grounded understanding of things. Perhaps finding a foothold and becoming more diligent in my endeavors, instead of an airy, fickle discipline.

I kind of see the kings as the realization of something having to do with their suit. So, kind of like the aces, and you pull the Ace of Pentacles later- something for you to think about. So, my interpretation here then, would be that the best outcome you could hope to achieve for now is building on the tangible results that you see. So what that implies, at least for now, is to gauge how you are doing by feedback that you get from others, or if not reading for others yet, keeping notes and going back to see what worked and what didn't. This is the cycle that you are in, and I'm going to keep emphasizing for now because, as of yet, you are in the stage of needing to see those physical results/facts so that you can improve upon learning the cards.

Sometimes I think the obvious is a little too obvious. I feel that I had turned a blind eye to things that have happened until recently, and I'm still trying to recover from the backlog of events.

Did you have a shocking revelation? Did you "see the light"? This card is about enlightenment and tearing down false structures/beliefs.

Working with a progressive method, The Knave of Wands really strikes me as a card of power and irresponsibility. Not having the forsight to know the consequences of his actions, nor where to apply the new found ability to change things. I'm not entirely sure how this fits in with the duality of hopes/fears though, but that is what the card represents to me.

Applying the Wheel to this it's possible I'm not comfortable leaving things up to chance. I'm not. Maybe I don't want to exercise the new power as I don't know what may happen.

The 9 of Wands just screams 'perseverance' to me. If we take it in this context, maybe I also feel that I'm not wholly sure if I posess the fortitude to take responsibility for my actions.

You described the Page perfectly in the hopes/fears position. I don't know why you didn't say this from the start. As a hope, the Page would like to be carried away by whatever catches his fancy. As a fear though, you don't won't to go trekking irresponsibly. The Wheel- again perfect interpretation along with the 9. The fact that you just 'don't know' what's going to happen keeps you on your guard.

In my experience, the Knight of Swords is a card of discriminant action. Act first, think later. Keeping the naivety of the the Knave, the Knave of Pentacles reminds me of a child who was given their first dollar and then sent into the candy store alone. These three cards kind of tell me that I'm diving into something brand new, without thinking too much about it... Which isn't me usually - but that's what I get from these.

It's pretty much like you describe yourself now, only for the future. If you look at these cards in a future context, it shows you growing impatient because of logic (Knight) - but, if you can move past that, you could definitely find a way to make this work for you (Page and Ace). The pentacles go back to what I said about the King. This whole reading seems to be about finding yourself (and within the tarot system). So, I think if you do the proper research on the tangible aspect (taking notes, comparing how the cards you drew fell in line with the situation you asked about) you could more easily see and move past the blockage of logic.

Quite dramatic to my mind, seeing as there's never really been anything said in a reading that I didn't already know. This one isn't the case.. I mean some of the other cards I was getting was something like:

Why is my situation like this: 10 of Swords
What can I do to fix it? : The Magician

It's a slap in the face that tells me just to work with what I have, that and usually cards telling me something really big is about to happen, which I've felt for quite a while... I think the night before this really opened something up though and it could have been what I was seeing.

10 of Swords can be about the "overkill" in the thought process of the mind. I'm guilty of getting this card a lot in 'mental' positions of spreads. Over-thinking, basically. The Magician to me, is about personal power and determination. Finding your 'mojo'. That is essentially what it seems like you are doing with the tarot cards... now, if you could just stop thinking so much. :)

I hope that helps.

Confuse

Amanda_04 said:
I kind of see the kings as the realization of something having to do with their suit. So, kind of like the aces, and you pull the Ace of Pentacles later- something for you to think about. So, my interpretation here then, would be that the best outcome you could hope to achieve for now is building on the tangible results that you see. So what that implies, at least for now, is to gauge how you are doing by feedback that you get from others, or if not reading for others yet, keeping notes and going back to see what worked and what didn't. This is the cycle that you are in, and I'm going to keep emphasizing for now because, as of yet, you are in the stage of needing to see those physical results/facts so that you can improve upon learning the cards.

Did you have a shocking revelation? Did you "see the light"? This card is about enlightenment and tearing down false structures/beliefs.

You described the Page perfectly in the hopes/fears position. I don't know why you didn't say this from the start. As a hope, the Page would like to be carried away by whatever catches his fancy. As a fear though, you don't won't to go trekking irresponsibly. The Wheel- again perfect interpretation along with the 9. The fact that you just 'don't know' what's going to happen keeps you on your guard.

It's pretty much like you describe yourself now, only for the future. If you look at these cards in a future context, it shows you growing impatient because of logic (Knight) - but, if you can move past that, you could definitely find a way to make this work for you (Page and Ace). The pentacles go back to what I said about the King. This whole reading seems to be about finding yourself (and within the tarot system). So, I think if you do the proper research on the tangible aspect (taking notes, comparing how the cards you drew fell in line with the situation you asked about) you could more easily see and move past the blockage of logic.

10 of Swords can be about the "overkill" in the thought process of the mind. I'm guilty of getting this card a lot in 'mental' positions of spreads. Over-thinking, basically. The Magician to me, is about personal power and determination. Finding your 'mojo'. That is essentially what it seems like you are doing with the tarot cards... now, if you could just stop thinking so much. :)

I hope that helps.

There's a clear difference between knowing what a card means and being able to put it into words well enough that your conscious and others can understand :p.

Reading sorted out though, thanks for the help. Don't think, feel.. don't think, feel. Mm, I do believe that has become a mantra for me, heh. As my favorite song says..

"Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines."