Celtic Confusion

turtle

I did a reading for a friend of mine, the first time I have done his cards. I used my Thoth deck, and a variation of the celtic cross. My first interpretation felt wrong at the time, and now, a week later, the near future card has been fulfilled, and I know I was wrong. Help please?
Querrant is 20 yr old male capricorn, girlfriend just broke up with him, lack of communication was a major factor in the relationship demise.

1. 4 wands - querrant
2. hanged man -situation
3. 8 cups - crosses
4. 7 disks - sub-conscious/ foundation
5. 7 swords - receeding, recent past
6. 3 swords - conscious / higher power
7. 9 swords - incoming/ near future
8. 2 disks - strengths or weaknesses
9. 3 disks - allies, atmosphere
10. 8 swords - hopes/ fears
11. 8 disks- outcome

thanks!
love and light,
turtle

Lilliana

Hi, I notice no one has replyed so far, here's what I noticed-

It looks like he's torn between wanting to move on and wanting to remain where he is. Deep down, he feels like he's failed, and consequently, is full of sadness and regret. It seems that he will go through a rough time, dealing with all this and sorting it out. It looks like he will pick up the pieces, but it won't happen overnight.

Look at the numbers in this spread- 3 eights, 2 sevens and 2 threes, if you're into numerology you might want to check these out.

Generally, all those swords and disks cards give me the impression that he's dwelling on what he had compared to what he has.
Notice that the only Major card in this spread is the hanged man, to me, it looks like he's stuck in a sort of suspended animation, where he's only focussing on his immediate situation and ignoring everything else.

Don't know if this is much help,
Lilli

turtle

thank you so much for replying.

im going to share this with him, and see if it makes more sense.

by the way, i have just started checking out your website, lilli. what a wonderful idea!

thanks again,
turtle

wigwag

If the reading is confusing the mirrors the person being read for and shows that this person is confused.

The reading can be interpreted but it is easier if you ask a question of the cards on behalf of this young man. They shouldnt be hindered by his confusion and you should get a clearer answer for him.

Hope this helps

Lilliana

turtle (28 Jan, 2002 02:54):

by the way, i have just started checking out your website, lilli. what a wonderful idea!

Thanks turtle :)
If you would like to practice reading online, please join up, as we have plenty of people who request readings, but not as many readers.

Lilli

turtle

wigwag,
thanks for the suggestions! ill have to try that next time.

turtle