Centering in the Storm Spread

KafkasGhost

A friend of mine is going through some issues deciding what her role is in a number of family dramas amongst which she feels conflicted and pulled. So if you have a Querent who finds him or herself in the midst of several, separate but equally distressing situations and Querent is feeling stuck, drained, and not sure how to proceed, try what I call the "Centering in the Storm" spread:

.......Q/1..[crossed by]..2......

Q/1 Querent

2 Querent's Challenge/Desire/Motivation

3, 5, 7 represent a 1-card summation of the 3 situations in which Querent finds herself. Use as many as there are situations/dramas going on.

4, 6, 8 are Advice/Perspective cards for each respective situation.

9 Centering concept for the Querent, what he or she should keep in mind to maintain sanity and proceed mindfully.

What I pulled made a lot of sense. I am off to report my findings to my friend...Try and see if this works for you or anyone you know.

rwcarter

Very interesting spread. But I would think by it's focus on "centering" that it would be laid out more like this:

..............Q/1x2...................

with the Querent, challenge and centering concept in the center of the spread. (Yeah, I can be real literal at times. :D)

Rodney

KafkasGhost

That totally works, too! :thumbsup:

My rationale was that the Q's "overall" and "underlying" messages were above and below the situations and I didn't want the situations' advice/perspective cards far apart.

I'm willing to try it next time with everything about the principal character in the center!

rwcarter

KafkasGhost said:
My rationale was that the Q's "overall" and "underlying" messages were above and below the situations and I didn't want the situations' advice/perspective cards far apart.
That totally makes sense. :) I don't have a need for the spread right now, but it would be interesting to see if it feels wrong to you to put those cards in the center.

Rodney