certain decks more, "livelier," than others?

woodsyowl

has anyone had certain decks that seemed to have more, "jumpers," than other
decks? if so, why do you think this is? could it be that certain decks just talk to you more than others, or connect with you better?

shadowdancer

not sure what you mean by jumpers. I have some decks where cards leap out but that is usually a lamination issue :D

As to do I have decks where the info just leaps out easily without having to stretch for it??? Yep, a few of those :D

You will find a style of deck resonates with me and in turn within that style, there will be certain decks that don't just talk, they sing out. For me it is the hand drawn decks although I do have 3 which are always on my reading table when I do festivals etc.

Diary of Broken Soul
Deirdre of Sorrows
Bright Idea deck

I think they are also comfortable decks for sitters. They can see what I am talking about and pointing out as the images really do tell the story in their own right, but in a way the sitter can see what is going on. It sort of makes the reading more relevant to them, and as such it leads to a better reading all round as they do take ownership and on occasion throw in their own twopenny worth

Davina

woodsyowl

i have one deck that has more jumpers than the other. not a lamination thing, here..lol. they just jump and fly out of the deck; like when you shoot a rubber band. i guess its just that some decks have a different way of speaking to us. thanks for the thoughts!

SunChariot

woodsyowl said:
has anyone had certain decks that seemed to have more, "jumpers," than other
decks? if so, why do you think this is? could it be that certain decks just talk to you more than others, or connect with you better?

I have two decks that seem to be particularly anxious to work with me even before I ask. Everytime I use them, it's like they are jumping up and down and excited to work with me. LOL I literally get jumpers from them even BEFORE I shuffle. It's like I just have to hold the deck in my hands and they want to jump for joy. LOL

I honestly don't know what causes it, but I think it might be a sign that the particular deck has something very important to teach you. But there could be another explanation. I can't wait to hear what others say.

Babs

irisa

If by "jumpers" you mean cards falling out... that hardly ever happens to me.. if it does I put it down to butterfingers or more to do with the card production (thickness, lamination levels etc) than anything else. Of course I do note them and look at them in conjunction with the spread but only *after* I've read the spread. Some decks do "speak" or appeal to me more (or louder) than others. Actually reading that back I think it's all about appeal :)

irisa :)

woodsyowl

sunchariot; jumpers that jump for joy..lol. exactly what i am talking about. a certain deck seems to, "jump," even before shuffling. me, too. i think when cards jump before shuffling, there is an answer there for you. sometimes totally unrealted to the original question; more of an answer for you, alone. i say this because it has happened to me more than once. yes, some decks do seem to speak, "louder," as someone else mentioned. how true. glad to see i am not the only one experiencing this!

SunChariot

There are so many of us here that I am sure none of us is the only one experiencing anything. :grin:

Babs