changing positions

pew

I've been experimenting with repeated CC spreads on the same topic/question over a period of a week or so. I'm noticing that certain cards repeat, but not in the same positions. For example, a card will appear in the recent or long-term past one day, in the final outcome position the next, then back to the past a bit later. This makes me feel as though the positions I've assigned are meaningless. My current tendency is to do free-form 3-card readings instead. I know that assigning positions should help us be specific in our interpretations. What's going on?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

sharpchick

pew said:
I've been experimenting with repeated CC spreads on the same topic/question over a period of a week or so. I'm noticing that certain cards repeat, but not in the same positions. For example, a card will appear in the recent or long-term past one day, in the final outcome position the next, then back to the past a bit later. This makes me feel as though the positions I've assigned are meaningless. My current tendency is to do free-form 3-card readings instead. I know that assigning positions should help us be specific in our interpretations. What's going on?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

I think the cards are saying the equivalent of "we already answered this question. . . move on to another one."

Sakura Murasaki

The Celtic Cross is so unwieldy. It's advertised as a beginner's spread, but it's not, and I find that it rarely helps me answer questions in a non-confusing way. Also, repeating the same question with multiple readings isn't very helpful. It's like asking "why?" over and over again. I think that doing your free-form, three card readings is a much better step.

rebecca-smiles

I asked the same question twice a long time apart (months) and i got the same...same cards in different positions. most relevant was the crown card was now at the bottom of the staff; influences to 'how the querent is in the situation' positions (8 swords). It was true how things had changed, circumstances had prevented me from getting a job, and now my own pessimism was doing the same, even though the outlook was better. all the cards were the same except their positions. it had evolved.

I think sharpchick has it right, but just in case you could go over it and see if it is just the same thing from a different angle, or moved on.