Chariot as blind spot ?

samantha

I just tried out the 4 card Blind Spot spread, originally from Ravens site and kindly posted here by Druyan in Tarot Spreads.

In the 4th position: What you cannot see about yourself (your blind spot), but others can, I pulled the Chariot.

I don't think it's about being ruthless, as I don't see myself that way .... tho' I guess as it's a blind spot I'm not in the best position to comment !

Otherwise..... I have the ability to overcome difficulties/obstacles ?

I can't think of anything more general than this.

Any more interesting ideas ?

Thankyou .

willowfox

***No not ruthless but a dogged determination to get to where you want to go.

Thirteen

The race/war zone mentality

What Willowfox said. Chariot isn't necessarily ruthless (though it could be read that way depending on the situation). It's more single minded and focused on getting where it's going. As you would be if you were running a race or in the middle of a war zone. You fear that if you give your attention to something else for even a second, the horses will get confused and slow, the wheels will stop, and all will be lost.

But not all situations are a race/war. That's what others can see that you can't. Perhaps you *do* see it as an ability to overcome obstacles and difficulties. But that's not the way it really is (blind spot). It's like the little kid who wants to play a game with a parent, but the parent is always saying, "not now!" because they're in the middle of getting something done. They don't see what they're missing--nor that what they're trying to get done can wait. It's all right if you pause now and then. You're not in a race or a war. You can slow down or stop the chariot, even get out for a while. You will be able to get it moving again later.

What you're trying to accomplish can sometimes wait. You won't lose anything taking some time off from it.

GryffinSong

Or perhaps that you rush to action without enough thought beforehand.

starrystarrynight

Another possibility is that others see that you aren't in as much control of certain areas of your life as you may think you are or that you may need to be...and that when and if you can gain the kind of control others may see lacking, the sky is the limit for you and you can metaphorically drive yourself to wherever you want to go.

Edited to add:

I think we are all saying basically the same thing but in different ways. :)

Intotouch

Perhaps being focused on goals and the future to the detriment of the present. Not valuing things that don't fit in with your goals or help you on the journey.

PAMUYA

You don't see that you need to learn to control your emotions. Need to stay focuessed on your goals and move forward.