Circle of Life---Magician

Grizabella

I just looooove this wise old guy. He looks Asian to me. I see the Cup on the right side, the Wand is his walking staff, I think, the Sword he carries on his back and the Pentacle in this depiction. The lemniscate is also there, dangling from the crook of his staff. And he's got a little gargoyle-y companion peeking out from behind him on the right side of the card. If you look closely you can see his head right under the cup and his little hand down near the bottom of the Magician's robe. I love his long, long mustache and beard.

Sanriet

This is the card which made me buy the deck... I love this card too.
All around the magician you see red and white flowers. On his right-hand side, the flowers are white, on his left-hand side, they are not really white but pinkish.
Some of his beardhair is braided and now I notice the fool has braided hair too (I think). Could this mean anything?

missy

I love The Magician's red, flowing robe! The card is very festive, with the intertwining border of red, white and pink flowers on a green, leafy vine.

The staff The Magician holds appears to represent also the wand in this card, as I clearly see the chalice (cup), the pentacle and the sword. There is an animal behind The Magician (to the Magician's right) with red eyes. The animal looks as though ... ah! now I see this "animal" has what appears to be an almost human hand. The Magician is master of the physical realm. Thus, we see nature, animals and even Man represented on this card of the physical realm, as well as the array of tools that The Magician has at his disposal. I see the figure 8 of infinity close to the top of his staff, near his shoulder. The Magician is barefoot or perhaps sandaled; he appears to be a wanderer of the earth. I think of the old traveling minstrels and their bags of tricks when I see this Magician.

He appears to have a good heart and good intentions, but the shadowy animal creature behind him may indicate the darker side of the Magician, or perhaps it represents power the Magician holds, to create transformations of the unexpected.

Something else that strikes me about this creature: The Magician is master of the physical world, but this creature almost appears to be part of the otherworld; some other dimension which remains unseen to our eyes.

That brings me to The Magician's appearance. The Magician, with his long, flowing white beard and manner of dress, looks like a wizard. He looks more like the master of another world beyond our physical world, instead of mere master of the physical. This is so obvious it almost escaped me. This Magician has much more to him than meets the eye. He is not merely master of this physical realm; he is master of realms unseen, be they physical on another plane, but he is master of worlds, physical in existence, yet unseen to most of us. Just as most of us don't see faeries, and yet someone is their master ... in those worlds, this Magician rules.

Feisty Kat

Magician card

This card's symbolism is fairly typical for a Magician card. A Far East elderly gentleman with a long white beard dressed in red and white robes. Infinity symbol hanging from the staff, cup, sword strapped to back and coin. Don't know what the animal behind him is or what is with what looks like a disembodied hand to me to the left of him.

My first thought when I saw this card was the teacher in "The Karate Kid", Mr. Miyagi. This card is typically associated with Hermes or Merlin. I can see this card's Magician equally being helpful and sly. He wants you to learn by whatever means is necessary, the easy way or the hard way.

Possible meanings: elemental balance, unconventional teacher, trickster, sleight-of-hand magician, working with magick, alchemy, traveling for work, ritual, spiritual work.

UZU--Melia/Feisty Kat