clarifying cards

daisyb

when you pull clarifying cards do you just pull from the top or shuffle a little? I have been shuffling a little because I feel like it's a new question in a way...a new question about the particular card you need clarification on. Looking forward to your insights...

Apollonia

I don't re-shuffle (takes too much time), I just cut the deck for them.

celticnoodle

I just pull the next card right off the top of the deck. it seems to work well for me.

Sulis

I don't pull clarifying cards, I find they confuse me more.

If I need to know more about a spread use the quintessential card method.

I've also found that if there is a card I just don't get in a reading it often helps to go away and leave the reading out for a while. Just walking away, going and making a drink or something is enough for the meaning to become clear.

mollymawk

-------------

MercyMe

If I use a clarifying card, I usually shuffle the deck once, but cutting it works, too, while asking the question I am trying to find more information for.

daisyb

when working with quintessential cards, what numbers represent pages, knights, queens and kings?

mollymawk

daisyb said:
when working with quintessential cards, what numbers represent pages, knights, queens and kings?

Naught. Zero. The courts do not count in figuring the Quint.

euripides

If I'm struggling with a particular card, I'll usually go look it up on a good comparative tarot website to see if I'm missing something. I'll take another look at the cards around it, and also consider the cards that come before and after it in its suit. If its a 'negative' position, I'll consider the card's usual reversed meaning.

Clarifiers almost always just confuse. There are only 78 cards in the deck: that card is meant to be there, and adding another card just dilutes things.

If I really do need more information, it depends. If everything is seeming a bit obvious, I might take a shadow card from the bottom of the deck.

Usually I fan my cards and select them instinctively.

Sometimes I'll write down the spread or take a photo of it (love my digital camera!) and re-shuffle and re-lay a the spread to see what cards come up, to see if any are repeated. On occasion I've also laid additional cards from a different deck. But generally, I find that the best thing is to read what you've got.