Cleansing my cards in preparation for the New Year...

inuzrule

Hello again. About a week ago, I had the bright idea to cleanse my cards in preparation for the New Year, to get rid of the negative and to gain a "fresh start".

The thing is, I'm unsure how to go about this, especially since I don't really have much more than the faintest idea about cleansing, plus I lack crystals, sage, incense, etc. I think I have some table salt, but that's about it.

Also, should I begin the cleansing as soon as possible, just as the clock strikes midnight, or tomorrow?

Ideas and opinions welcome!

MoonLitCrystal

My mom (who is a newbie hehe) cleanses her decks by putting them all in order (first the majors, then by suit). I'm not sure what else she does, probably thinks good, pleasant thoughts. I've got no idea if this is an "official" way of doing it, but it seems like it would work. Putting them all in order, just like they came in the box, seems to me like it would be a "new beginning." Just food for thought.

Master_Margarita

Since You Asked For My Opinion....

I don't think cards need to be "cleansed." There's nothing negative that inheres in the cards.

If there's negativity, it is inside your head. But if it makes you feel better to shuffle the cards to "clear" the energy in them, go ahead. A thorough shuffling should do it. Try putting them in order first.

Happy New Year!

:heart: M_M~

Disa

Some people do cleansing rituals and some don't. It's really just up to you. If you feel like you want to do it, there's nothing wrong with that. It's the intent that matters, not the ritual. If you don't have "supplies" you can sit them in the windowsill overnight in the moonlight. Some people do that during a full moon or for a certain number of days. If you feel like doing something with the table salt, by all means create your own method of cleansing that feels personal to you.

Happy New Year,

Disa