collage style deck- what software to use?

Little Hare

I will admit this is a total N00b question so bear with me. For those of you that create photo style decks/collage style etc. What software do you use? Is is user friendly?

Any information is much appreciated

Love

Little Hare

Laura Borealis

You need something that can handle layers. My experience is with Photoshop and Gimp. Photoshop costs a lot; Gimp is free -- http://www.gimp.org/ They do pretty much the same things, though the interfaces are different, and I still haven't figured out how to do some things with Gimp (basically me being too lazy to look up a tutorial, though). There's a learning curve with both, but I don't think one would be easier than the other -- if you're just starting out, I'd suggest Gimp since it's free :)

l'appeso

hi,

My first choice would be photoshop. It's quite easy to use--all you have to do is to cut out the different bits and put them into separate layers... if you want to do collages you don't need to get the latest version.
hope this helps!

Little Hare

Thanks to both of you! I just realised I already have Gimp. How embarrassing! I find it pretty hard to use. I guess I just need to sit my butt down and go through the tutorials. Learning is fun, but for some reason I find things like Gimp, photoshop etc. very frustrating!