Combination of Hermit and Reversed Knight of Pents

Crystelle

Hi the Hermit came up in a spread in the "how he feels about you" position. I have rather (I think) unique combination however in that how he sees me in a relationship is reversed knight of pentacles with Hermit as being the how he feels about me.

I read through all the comments contained in the thread "Hermit as how someone feels about you" and I see maybe the "he wants you to leave him alone" but the reversed knight is really throwing me. Stubborn and willful with a lack of focus on work doesn't sound like me and I am sure there is more meaning if I could sess out the Hermit/knight relationship.

As a note, I have been very much leaving him alone but he "did a drive by" so to speak (we work together) the other day. I made it clear I did not want to engage and he did not attempt to. Given a generally auspicious card for outcome in the spread I am confused by this combo and was wondering if anyone had any ideas around what it might be trying to point to?

Confused :/

(I started my own thread as I thought maybe it was too confusing when I tried to re-use the original thread)

spiraling

He's emotions for you aren't forthcoming, in fact, he may have removed any thoughts of you via some form of drudgery-- in quite the mercenary fashion.

Crystelle

Thanks! So in saying that his emotions for me aren't forthcoming you're saying there are none? I also don't quite understand the drudgery or mercenary comments? So he killed all his emotions for me?

... is there an example you might give to explain this description? Sorry I am so dense!

PS Feel free to rip off any band aid on bad news as I probably need to hear it straight :)

morerain

Hermit as feelings does not necessarily mean, "I want you to leave me the (blank) alone! Rather it means, "respect my boundaries, please! and give me extra space to breathe". He's thinking. (Period). Seeing you as KoP (reversed?) means he feels, you're not going anywhere, any time soon. You are staying put, just where you are, at your current job, in your current cubicle. You won't be running way. No surprises for him, there. He's not worried or concerned. Whatever *might* develop will happen a its own sweet time. There's no hurry or rush.

Mellifluous

Hermit is disinterested, in retreat.

Reversed knight is your lack of interest in 'working' with him (on a relationship). There's nothing for him to work with, so to speak, if you're rejecting him.

Stubborn and willful with a lack of focus on work doesn't sound like me

I have been very much leaving him alone

I made it clear I did not want to engage and he did not attempt to.