Combination of the Astrologic Circle and Tarot

PHi

This is my final spread; the one that led for me to understanding the cards truely. I'm not sure how to post images, if possible at all, but in general it's a circular spread. Copyright: by myself, altough I found out, later on, that this form of spreading the cards is used more often, in different ways and with different explanations. As said before; for me it was the conclusion of 10 years of practising the cards, so please use it with respect. (kind of: notify me if you want to use it in other ways than personal development..) :)

<edit>Translation done..

AstroTarot.gif

English:
AstroTarotEN.gif

(just follow the arrows to find the six different dualities/realities I found in the spread)

Uitleg in .GIF:
AstroTarotUitleg.gif

Explanation in .GIF:
AstroTarotENexpl.gif

Excelsheets:
NL: http://www.magus.nl/Tarot/AstrologischeVerbindingen.xls
EN: http://www.magus.nl/Tarot/AstrologicEN.xls

Explanations of the co-relationships

Psycho-logic 4*3 cards
This means: grouping together the cards mentioned by the Roman numbers

Expression
  • I. - the Self
  • V. - the Past
  • IX. - Mentality
Fire = Wands

Materialistic
  • II. - Possession
  • VI. - the Future
  • X. - Social Status
Earth = Disks

Mentality
  • III. - Recollection
  • VII. - Individuality
  • XI. - Growth Potence
Air = Swords

Emotion
  • IV. - Expectation
  • XIII. - Surroundings
  • XII. - Charisma
Water = Cups

Earthlike 3*4 cards
This means: grouping together the Roman numbers, to form 3 patterns of 4 cards, thus making 3 'circles':
1 for the Magician, 1 for the Emperor and 1 for the Hermit.

read the lists as follows:
1. Roman number = position of the card
2. Major Arcana Card I associated with this position (subject to errors! I'll fix these, once I've studied the Book of Toth)
3. Meaning of position (& card combined)

Reality / Duality
  • I. Wheel of Fortune - the Self
  • VI. The Devil - the Future
  • VII. The Tower - Individuality
  • XII. The Universe - Charisma
circle of the Magician

Personality / Ego
  • II. Lust / Strength - Possession
  • V. Art / Temperance - the Past
  • VIII. The Star - Surroundings
  • XI. Aeon / Judgement - Growth Potence
circle of the Emperor and the Fool

Collective Being
  • III. The Hanged Man - Recollection
  • IV. Death - Expectation
  • IX. The Moon - Mentality
  • X. The Sun - Social Status
circle of the Hermit

Meaning of the cards
  1. The Self
  2. Property
  3. Recollection
  4. Expectation
  5. The Past
  6. The Future
  7. Individuality
  8. Surroundings
  9. Mentality
  10. Social status
  11. Growth Potence
  12. Charisma

Starsigns & Elements
  1. Ariës - fire
  2. Taurus - earth
  3. Gemini - air
  4. Cancer - water
  5. Leo - fire
  6. Virgo - earth
  7. Libra - air
  8. Scorpio - water
  9. Sagittarius - fire
  10. Capricorn - earth
  11. Aquarius - air
  12. Pisces - water
This is it; any comments are welcome, because, as usual, anything is dynamic and therefor open for other views and so on.
If you encounter some mistakes, or have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Cheers for now, it's great to be here..

WalesWoman

I'm sure this is a really fine spread, considering you spent ten years getting to this place, but ... I for one can't read or speak Dutch or German and had no luck figuring this one out at all. If you would be so kind to re-write this in English, I'm sure many of us would appreciate it. I know I would.

Diana

PHi: Translation services on Aeclectic are only offered in very special circumstances - and for the moment only on the Historical Forum in French for certain posts (because of the importance of French in the History of Tarot). On top of it, the moderator of this particular forum does not speak Dutch and even if she did, she would probably not have time to translate.

The language of Aeclectic is English.

Also, the moderators are responsible for their boards and therefore have to understand what is written in them, so you are please requested to edit your post by providing a translation.

Thank you.

(Diana - one of the Moderators of Aeclectic)

spoonbender

Hi PHi,
I'm from Belgium too and speak Dutch, but have to say that I still don't understand this spread - could you explain some more? If you need help translating, I'd be happy to help you out - as Diana said: this is an English Forum, and there aren't a lot of Dutch-speaking members.

PHi

Hoi Spoonbender, send me your e-mail adress and I will give you the Excell sheet, so you can print & test it.

Meanwhile I will try to solve the translation & explanation (up to now I used this spread solely for myself, so I didn't need to explain it to others).

Greetz,
PHi

Alissa

PHi,

I am wondering if you will be able to translate this post? As it stands, it is illegible to me, and to the Aeclectic audience at large.

Could you please assist in updating your post to include a translation within the thread as well?

Many thanks :)

PHi

Yes, I will.
The only thing is, I need a day off to do so :)

I hope to do so this week, since my Crowley-experience, so hopefully awaited (by me; a study of the Book of Toth), didn't start yet..

Alissa

I will be looking forward to the translation soon then! :D The spread looks very interesting, I'd love to be able to study it more in depth, especially after all the years of work it took in the creation.

:) Many thanks again....