Combinations?

Vudu

I don't know if this has been posted already... and please feel free to point me to a link if it has...

I'm curious as to how some of you would interpret certain combinations of cards in a spread.

For example...

If the querent is pregnant, may have a potential illness, will travel, etc.

Thanks in advance! =)

Aladdin

Combinations -

Have often wondered about this subject but don't know if anyone has posted ideas on this as i am relatively new on here.
Recently i did a spread enquiring about the relationship prospects with a lady i'd met locally via an 'interwebby' site. Got all four tens (!) and Death - first time ever for me with 4 tens. Concluded that was simply a no - no in terms of functionality on the levels of body, mind, soul and spirit. Have seen this lady on an occasional basis in her work place and there was no sugesstion of any future contact, or hint of wanting any more. In this instance this sort of powerful card spread said what the 'vibes' told me and Death here meant too big a change to acommodate anything else.
Hope this splurge might be useful to you as a daily if mundane illustration....

Thirteen

Question can't be answered. Too Vague!

Vudu said:
I'm curious as to how some of you would interpret certain combinations of cards in a spread.
This is really too vague a question to answer. You need to start a thread with a particular combination, like "Hanged Man and Star" something like that. Because in the end, we interpret different combinations differently depending on the spread and the querent and the question.

If the querent is pregnant, may have a potential illness, will travel, etc.
Again, this is impossible to answer. If you want to know what cards might indicate pregnancy, there are a ton of threads to be found discussing what cards signify this. Like wise there are a lot of threads on cards indicating travel or illness.

In short, we'd love to help you, but we need some clear direction here of what you're after. If you want to discuss something in particular, a certain pairing of cards or what cards may signify a particular thing (like travel) you're going to have to specifically ask. Asking us to discuss, in general, combinations or "etc." things that involve combinations would fill volumes and volumes of books.

Vudu

I understand where you're coming from. I guess I was just curious as to what all of you have found in your experiences...just something off the top of your head, ya know?

I've been reading threads like crazy and I'm getting TONS of insight. I'm having a lot of fun seeing everyone's interpretations. I'm having a lot of "HUH! I've never thought of it that way" moments. =)

rainwolf

I could've sworn I'd seen a few threads about combinations, maybe do a search with those words. There is also a book called tarot combinations by dorothy kelly. The book has a semi-rigid format, but once you get the hang of it you can branch out.

Vudu

rainwolf said:
I could've sworn I'd seen a few threads about combinations, maybe do a search with those words. There is also a book called tarot combinations by dorothy kelly. The book has a semi-rigid format, but once you get the hang of it you can branch out.

On to the Amazon wishlist it shall go! Thanks =)