Conflicting Cards?

Lorraine1100

A few times recently when asking about what is going to happen financially two cards have very clearly come up

5 of Pentacles
Ace of Pentacles

Always in that order the five behind the Ace. I am trying to work out if the five is saying to me that it is a loss of faith - on my part - as opposed to actual financial dire straits. It seems, kind of to me at least, that one is at odds with the other. The Ace being the seed of new and better beginings, but the five being about poverty.

So, I am totally confused on this. The five being all the bad stuff, the Ace being about all the positive things and new beginings. The two cards have come at the end of a four card spread by the way, just to be clear on that.

Only conclusion I came to thinking was the cards are saying that things are not as bad as they seem (5oP), hold on don't lose faith and that a new source, influx of money, is about to change to all that.

Barleywine

Only conclusion I came to thinking was the cards are saying that things are not as bad as they seem (5oP), hold on don't lose faith and that a new source, influx of money, is about to change to all that.

I always see the Aces as potential rather than kinetic energy (the idea of the "monad"), in this case the potential for renewed prosperity arising from prior adversity. As such, though, they don't have much "direction" or "velocity." So you would still have to be watchful for and grab the opportunity should it arise. I'd be surprised if it just falls in your lap (which might be a bit more likely if the recovery were represented by the 2, 3 or 4 of Pentacles, or one of the more energetic Courts). At any rate, I think you're correct to anticipate the chance for improvement at some level, depending on how aggressive you are with it.

Lorraine1100

Okay, thank you. It kind of chimes with my own thoughts on this as well. The Aces don't have allot of oomph to them at all, which was why i questioned the point of the 5 of pentacles being loss of faith - because I have lost faith quite a bit.

Intotouch

Why are you drawing two cards?

Try being more specific and drawing one card for a position. Eg finances three months from now, six months from now, one year from now. Both of these cards could be true for very different times, not describing one event.

Barleywine

I never try to second-guess why or how someone reads for themselves, I assume they're doing what they see as best for their purpose. That said, I agree that the two cards in sequence don't necessarily have to be read as connected - and consecutive - events, but that seems to be how the OP is considering them and how they seem to be falling in the timeline, so I just went with that. Also, it wasn't clear to me that the two cards weren't part of a larger spread, just that they always fell in the same relationship to one another.

Ace

Sometimes, instead of a goal to reach, we simply must walk the path and see where it takes us. The Ace of Pentacles in my deck of choice, the World Tree shows a Celtic know pentagram. So I always see it as anew path to try I am not sure what would work for you, but maybe the 5 of pentacles is despair: there never will be a way in to a new and better situation and the Ace of Pentacles says any path is worth trying.

In the WT tarot, the 5 of Pentacles is a BIG door with a handle on it. The door to better is there for you to grasp and open. If you use a deck that has a more shut out feel, the ace is still saying there is new paths to try.

Take one...any one and move on!

barb