confused when it comes to feelings,physical,thoughts,communication,

SPIRIT HAWK

hi everyone,i am so confused at times when it comes to all the above just for one card ,like the same card has all of those meanings ,you know it could be in a spread say the 5 of wands came up, so as a thought it could mean conflicting thoughts, as communication you are in conflict,batteling with someone, feelings maybe you are batteling to keep them at bay so as a physical what would that mean espeascialy if it were in the postion of how attractive they find you?its all so conflicting lol, i would like advice on interpreting a card for the above all advice would be appriciated thanks everyone XRX

WinterRose

Hi Rushka!

My advice on trying to interpret a card is to trust your instincts, and to simplify what a card means to you. OK, I'm assuming from your post that the 5 of Wands came up for that position (how attractive they find you) in a spread?

My interpretation of that would be that there's an internal conflict within him/her - they find you attractive, but there's something else involved. Either they feel that they are having to compete with someone or something for your attention, or it's an internal conflict.

If you wanted to talk about how your day would go physically if you drew that card, then I'd say you'd probably wake up, get out the wrong side of bed, stub your toe going to the bathroom, find out there's no milk for your cornflakes, spill juice on your shirt at lunch...etc. Basically, you're beset by hassles - those petty annoyances that are infuriating because they are so minor. If you drew the Tower, then you'd probably fall down the stairs, burn yourself on the oven, get fired from your job - really big major changes. Get where I'm going with that?

The other way of interpreting for physical is to look at the actual symbology on the card itself. For instance, my 5 of Wands shows an attractive young man battling off the forces in order to reach the viewer.

SPIRIT HAWK

CelticDruidess said:
Hi Rushka!

My advice on trying to interpret a card is to trust your instincts, and to simplify what a card means to you. OK, I'm assuming from your post that the 5 of Wands came up for that position (how attractive they find you) in a spread?

My interpretation of that would be that there's an internal conflict within him/her - they find you attractive, but there's something else involved. Either they feel that they are having to compete with someone or something for your attention, or it's an internal conflict.

If you wanted to talk about how your day would go physically if you drew that card, then I'd say you'd probably wake up, get out the wrong side of bed, stub your toe going to the bathroom, find out there's no milk for your cornflakes, spill juice on your shirt at lunch...etc. Basically, you're beset by hassles - those petty annoyances that are infuriating because they are so minor. If you drew the Tower, then you'd probably fall down the stairs, burn yourself on the oven, get fired from your job - really big major changes. Get where I'm going with that?

The other way of interpreting for physical is to look at the actual symbology on the card itself. For instance, my 5 of Wands shows an attractive young man battling off the forces in order to reach the viewer.

thats really helpful i never thought of it like that, like the minor and major , i do get confused though!!!! aww so much to learn huh, its so obvious when someone points these things out and easy to remember but i know i will forget, lol, i let to much cast a shadow over my readings at times instead of keeping things simplei am like looking to much into the cards i suppose ,hey thanks again celticdruidess thanks for replying xRX

rwcarter

Hi rushka,

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but yes, every card should be able to fit into each of those categories. Say you're doing a relationship reading and you get very few, if any, Cups/Water cards, but you get a lot of Pentacles. Then the focus of the reading isn't the emotions of the relationship but either the physical aspect of it or the foundation of the relationship.

So, the 5W as a feeling could be conflicting emotions about the subject, as a thought could be an argument (with self or with others) about how to proceed with the subject, as an action could be standing up for what one believes in despite the actions of those who try to convince you otherwise, and as communication could be conflicting opinions.

And of course that's only by looking at that card in a vacuum. Usually there are other cards and/or the question that influence the interpretation of any given card.

In terms of how attractive one finds you, I agree with CelticDruidess that the person is conflicted on that subject. They might be attracted to you but think that you're out of their league. Or they might be attracted to multiple people. Or they might be attracted to you but already in a committed relationship.

Understanding that answers change from reading to reading, day to day, year to year, etc., it still would be a worthwhile exercise for you to figure out what the suits/elements mean to you and then to figure out what the other suits/elements mean in the context of the first suit/element. So if you think that Cups are generally about emotions and feelings, what would a Wand/Fire card represent in a Cups situation? How about a Pentacle/Earth card or a Swords/Air card? Keep a record of your thoughts and reflect back on them from time to time. (This would be a years-long process if not a lifetime process.) As you work with the cards and get to know them better, you'll find that your answers will expand. But it's a great place to start.

Rodney

SPIRIT HAWK

rwcarter said:
Hi rushka,

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but yes, every card should be able to fit into each of those categories. Say you're doing a relationship reading and you get very few, if any, Cups/Water cards, but you get a lot of Pentacles. Then the focus of the reading isn't the emotions of the relationship but either the physical aspect of it or the foundation of the relationship.

So, the 5W as a feeling could be conflicting emotions about the subject, as a thought could be an argument (with self or with others) about how to proceed with the subject, as an action could be standing up for what one believes in despite the actions of those who try to convince you otherwise, and as communication could be conflicting opinions.

And of course that's only by looking at that card in a vacuum. Usually there are other cards and/or the question that influence the interpretation of any given card.

In terms of how attractive one finds you, I agree with CelticDruidess that the person is conflicted on that subject. They might be attracted to you but think that you're out of their league. Or they might be attracted to multiple people. Or they might be attracted to you but already in a committed relationship.

Understanding that answers change from reading to reading, day to day, year to year, etc., it still would be a worthwhile exercise for you to figure out what the suits/elements mean to you and then to figure out what the other suits/elements mean in the context of the first suit/element. So if you think that Cups are generally about emotions and feelings, what would a Wand/Fire card represent in a Cups situation? How about a Pentacle/Earth card or a Swords/Air card? Keep a record of your thoughts and reflect back on them from time to time. (This would be a years-long process if not a lifetime process.) As you work with the cards and get to know them better, you'll find that your answers will expand. But it's a great place to start.

Rodney

OK LOL, its even more confusing now but i know the elements and suites are very important its intresting that you pointed that out, for me i do note what suites come out after putting a question on here for the reading section someone helpd point that out to me it was only a simple 3 card question it was about a realationship matter and they pointed out their was no cups at all hence they were being very cold and distant in the situation and also struggling with their feelings , so i do take it into account but i need to connect what you have pointed out.

it will take me forever to learn what each suite would do in anothers situation (i mean like what would that cup do in a wands situation ), i have much much to learn i think i have only been practicing for over a year (15 months) so i do have such alongway to go ,thankyou for your imput rodney xRx

rwcarter

rushka said:
it will take me forever to learn what each suite would do in anothers situation (i mean like what would that cup do in a wands situation ), i have much much to learn i think i have only been practicing for over a year (15 months) so i do have such alongway to go ,thankyou for your imput rodney xRx
Forever's a long time. ;) It's not something you can or should do in an evening. Pick a suit (say Cups) and then for a week let it process in the back of your mind what qualities Wands/Fire cards might bring to the table and then jot down what you come up with.

For me, as Fire, Wands would deal with the hotter emotions - hate, lust, anger, etc. And as an active card, Wands might also light a fire under a situation where there's wistful/wishful Cups energy. Elementally Fire and Water are enemies and can neutralize each other. But Fire and Water together can also make steam....

Do the same for each of the other suit combinations. That's only 12 weeks. :D

Rodney

SPIRIT HAWK

rwcarter said:
Forever's a long time. ;) It's not something you can or should do in an evening. Pick a suit (say Cups) and then for a week let it process in the back of your mind what qualities Wands/Fire cards might bring to the table and then jot down what you come up with.

For me, as Fire, Wands would deal with the hotter emotions - hate, lust, anger, etc. And as an active card, Wands might also light a fire under a situation where there's wistful/wishful Cups energy. Elementally Fire and Water are enemies and can neutralize each other. But Fire and Water together can also make steam....

Do the same for each of the other suit combinations. That's only 12 weeks. :D

Rodney

now that sounds easier to learn thanks for simplifying and narrowing it down for me your advice is so helpful tom me , i will try this and put it on my study list , a big thakkkyouuu yes i like it when things are put in away so,s i can understand it alot easier and you have done that thanks so much xRx