Contributing my "Purview Check" Spread

LisaQueenOfCups

Contributing my "Perceptions" Spread

Hi everyone

I made a spread that I basically use to look at the full picture of what I'm seeing, thinking, feeling on... any issue, really. It looks like this:

_____6__
______8_
1234_5_10
______9_
_____7__

(It's supposed to be an arrow, not an airplane. lol)

1 - I call this the Question Card. It addresses the question, "Is it appropriate to ask this question right now?" (Ordinarily I do stick to questions that take responsibility. However, I do believe that my mind has that answer and thus it will come out okay in the cards).
2 - I call this the Apparent Card. It represents what I am seeing.
3 - I call this the Hidden Card. It represents what I am not seeing.
4 - I call this the Logic Card. It represents what the logical part of my mind is telling me.
5 - I call this the Intuition Card. It represents what my intuition is telling me (or trying to lol).
6 - I call this the Conscious Card. It represents what is on my conscious mind.
7 - I call this the Subconscious Card. It represents what is on my subconscious mind.
8 - I call this the Guidance Card. It represents what I need to be doing, what to keep in mind, or what to watch for.
9 - I call this the Warning Card. It represents what I need to be avoiding, what "hazards" to keep in mind, or what to beware.
10 - I call this the Advice Card. It represents a suggestion on what might be good to do next or for now.

This spread works really well for me. The last time I used it I was asking "Would it be wise for me to put the search for romance on hold right now?" For the Question card, I got the Queen of Swords. Interesting. For me, the Queen of Swords represents such things as facing the truth however unpleasant, being open, and generally wisely using inwardly directed intellectual energy. Thus, to me, the Queen of Swords meant that it was good for me to be asking that question. For the Guidance card, I got the Ten of Wands, which tells me that I'm overburdening myself by taking the search for romance too seriously. For the Warning Card, I got the Nine of Swords, which tells me that I need to avoid spending too much energy dwelling on/worrying about romance, at least for now. For the Advice Card, I got the Six of Cups, which to me, means "Stick to the simpler pleasures for now" and also represents dating to me (the boy giving the girl flowers represents, to me, early, first steps in romance). I feel that means that it makes sense to keep thinking about dating but keep focused on just that first step for now. To me, and in this context, it means that I should focus on what is, in the present, and not on the future (because the boy and girl are focused on what's going on within the garden and not outside it).

I hope you find this spread helpful, as I have!

Lisa

Delacey

Looks very interesting. I will have to give it a try.
Delacey