Court card trouble x_x

AngeliteGlisten

I'm a bit of a newbie with tarot and I have a lot of trouble with court cards even though I seem to get them in my own readings a lot. Usually I find a way to interpret them but I seem to be having a lot of trouble with this one...

I was trying out the "Message from my spirit guide" spread by Kilted Kat and in the "What advice is my spirit guide giving me" I seemed to have pulled the King of Wands.

I was thinking someone I know who could be described by the King of Wands is a person I should pay attention to, but I'm not sure. I was just looking for some input.

Thanks in advance :D

nisaba

If the King Wands is the actual advice the guides are giving (rather than the guide itself), then Kings indicate maturity and development, and Wands indicate ambition, drive and direction, so it is a clear indication to work on an be mature in what you take on and how motivated you are.

tigerlily

My rule of thumb (for getting cards in an "advice" position):

Minors tell you what to do - they refer to actions.
Courts tell you what to be - they act as role models, referring to attitudes.
Majors tell you what to understand - they are lessons you need to integrate, and the Minors and Courts help you to find out how you do that.

AngeliteGlisten

Thanks everyone! I'm pretty positive I understand it now.

nisaba and tigerlily- I haven't thought to look at it that way. Like I said, I'm a major newbie when it comes to this. Thanks, it helped a lot :)

Glass Owl- Thanks for providing those links! They were very insightful.

MantraTarot

tigerlily said:
My rule of thumb (for getting cards in an "advice" position):

Minors tell you what to do - they refer to actions.
Courts tell you what to be - they act as role models, referring to attitudes.
Majors tell you what to understand - they are lessons you need to integrate, and the Minors and Courts help you to find out how you do that.

That is actually very helpful. Thanks for posting that.

SkadisPhoenix

I agree with Mantra, that will help me a lot as well, as Court Cards are not my strong point!

franniee

I read a woman yesterday and she got all 4 kings! Too bad she wasn't playing poker..... ah, but she was in a way ;) it was a career business spread and she did pull one of the hottest hands you could get. I told her to just do it! I told her she had the power to take her dreams forward. There were also men in her life that were going to help her - that she connected with that would be instrumental in getting her ideas to market but they also represented her! The spread ended with the world.

So I think of them as a person, an event, advice on how to act ..... traits etc....