Courts As Other People

Lorraine1100

This is driving me mad now.

My ex and his new partner always come up up as the King of Swords and Queen of Swords respectively.

In the last three weeks they have been stalking my cards heavily - it is driving me mad. Although I am now wondering if I am missing the point here in what the cards are trying to tell me.

(Bear with me on this Rodney - I know there are other cards here but it will explain itself)
Around them - always it is either the Tower, 3 of Swords, 10 of Swords, sometimes Death and 5 of cups. So it's fair to say they are all pretty bad cards. They are always at the side of them, or in the row of four cards that I place out. More often and today it has been the 3 of swords for her and the Tower for him. Having said that I have had the Tower card with him since August this year.

So, here is my question - why oh why do the cards keep on showing and telling me this?
I don't want to know about them pair, but I am now getting anxious because it must have some implication on me in some way to be kept on being shown these cards? Do those two Court cards relate directly to them and what is going to happen with them? Why would the cards be so vociferous in wanting me to know all of this unless they are coming back at me with the intent to cause me more upset?

I come up as the Queen of Cups and when I have asked the cards if I am going to be okay it all comes out positive.

This is why this is poleaxing me such allot because I just don't understand why the cards are being so repetitive; nothwithstanding so pretty bad.

Thanks in advance for some of your thoughts on this.

tarotmka

What are you asking when these cards come up?

Lorraine1100

About my house move ironically, but I keep getting this.

The cards tell me what I need to know not what I ask them

How about this for a total revelation then. This morning after I posted this originally my friend came ot my house, she logged into her Facebook page and then went to my ex's - guess what there is a photograph of his new baby daughter with his current partner on his Facebook page!!

This is EXACTLY what the cards were trying to tell me I am convinced of it. Even more so yesterday I posted a thread on here about the 3 of swords and wheel of fortune - this must be it. Yes I am a bit hurt by this revelation because he knew I wanted children and always denied me of that!!

It seems the cards were trying hard on this to say I need to go looking and my friend helped me she was the messenger.

So, it seems that the cards could be telling me from what I have posted above that not only would I find out about this information but that moreover the cards after them indicate something pretty major for them to happen between them. Or at least that is my take on it.

I forgt to add since I have found this out - they have cleared off my cards!! So, this must have been it exactly. I just find so often that I can ask a question but what the cards want me to know is something else entirely.

Scibility

Yup...

I just find so often that I can ask a question but what the cards want me to know is something else entirely.

Boy do I agree with this. My tower tarot moment started with something like this where the card that kept coming up seemed to have absolutely NOTHING to do with what I was asking about (over and over again).

Whenever this happens, I now know to pay attention. I see it as a gentle heads up for things that might be unexpected or bitter-sweet. Like a gentle way to prepare me.

Other times, it is because there may be too much emotional attachment to the question being asked, and there is something specific not being uncovered in the interpretation of the card. almost like "nope, try again".

Best of Luck to you Lorraine. :heart:

Thirteen

Too many readings?

It sounds to me like you're doing an awful lot of readings. How many reading do you do a day? A week? In my long experience of tarot reading, I've found that readings involving repeating cards like the Tower, Death, 10/Swords is most often the deck's way of saying, "you keep asking that. I gave you the answer. Let's leave it be for a while."

The second most common message involving repeating cards like those you mentioned is: "The situation hasn't changed and neither has the answer. You need to do something new and different. Otherwise, status quo." Because, oddly enough, a lot of people who do tarot readings seem to think that the cards are going to change their lives for them. If they do a reading and get a not-happy message, then all they have to do is another reading and another and another until they get a happy message and suddenly all will be different.

Doesn't work that way and I'm sure you know that. The idea is the cards tell you what's most likely to happen if things stay the same and it's up to you to take their advice, act or do something, and then do a reading and see what is now most likely to happen given that you've radically changed the situation. And that's part of the key there. You can't just wear a different teeshirt. You have really do something new and different. Like book a trip to some place you've never been, or learn how to skydive or do charity work at a hospital...something VERY new and different.

My thoughts on all this: if you're asking the same question a lot—or different questions about the same subject...stop. Give it thirty days. Cold turkey, no more questions. And if you're asking different questions about all sorts of things, reading after reading after reading about every little thing in your life and getting these, then stop. For at least two weeks, cold turkey, no readings. I suspect that your poor deck is just tired. It wants a rest from all these readings, and it probably knows that you need a rest from them as well. Because it's very easy for a reader to become so obsessed with doing readings about life that they stop living it. And then nothing can possibly change, advance, evolve. So what's the point?

Poor depressed deck. :(

Lorraine1100

Its about five or six a day nothing OTT, just general questions, sometimes I pull a daily card. Recently this last month those cards have been heavily stalking me so got ratty with the deck and ordered two new decks and lo and behold out they came the same. When they kept coming up in the decks I would repeat the question again and the cards kept coming out the same, so that is how I knew that something was afoot. Normally I would do the cards maybe once a week but because it was getting OTT I was losing faith that the cards were not answering my question so I got into a vicious circle. It would keep on telling me and I would keeping on asking something else - does this make sense?

I knew that the cards were telling me something that I needed to know and yes today I did find it but only because the cards kind of told me that it was something that was going to be made known to me. I look back over the card readings (I make notes of them) back in the summer and the Empress was there along with the Queen of Swords and an Ace of Wands all sure signs of pregnancy and I just didn;t even think one moment it would be her; but the cards told me I just ignored it.

Now there are bad cards surrounding them. I just hope that this does not impinge on me or indeed a young innocent child who has not long been born to this world. Whatever does happen I hope it stays with them pair. I have had enough grief from them as it is and yes they have cleared off the scene on my cards.

That 3 of swords and wheel of fortune spread I did seems all too close to home in hindsight!!

Thirteen

I'm sorry for what you went through. I'm sorry there is not more that you or others can do, to make things better for you, and it's good that you found your answers.

But I am going to reiterate what I said before; five or six times a day, even just one card readings, is way too much. Not just because it interferes with having a life, but because it undermines your ability to be the best reader you can be. I've known a lot a readers, and it's ironic but very true that the value and clarity of readings and what they have to tell you goes down the more readings you do, especially if you flood yourself with them. The value goes up if you do them less frequently. I don't mean don't do them at all, just not so much.

Especially when you get repeat cards, the message that you can't understand is often clear if you don't do reading for a few days and then come back to them with a clear head and fresh eyes. Hammering away at it is with reading after readings is usually not the way to get to that answer in a timely manner.
Its about five or six a day nothing OTT, just general questions, sometimes I pull a daily card.

magicjack

I totally agree with Thirteen about the frequency of your readings. I also want to say how you associate the king and queen of swords to your ex partner all the time. Maybe you need to expand your meanings of these cards or else every future readings you do, regardless of the question, if the king and queen of swords comes up you will always think they are talking about your ex.

upawell

I also agree with Thirteen.

Also, you don't have to do readings in order to spend time with your cards.

As for the Court Cards coming back and causing you upset, it's possible your deck wants to exhaust you so you'll tire from focusing on that specific situation.