Cross of Possibility

NightVision

Having recently returned to Tarot reading, I needed to design a problem-solving spread that wasn't too complex and so I have been having some good insights with this one. If it already exists under a different name please let me know.

It's called the Cross of Possibility because I wanted an optimistic, future-is-in-your-hands kind of feel

Shuffle, cut and fan according to preference and lay out five cards as show:

It is my habit to say out loud the position meanings as I lay the cards down. in this case:

1 = This is the problem
2 = This is me, or my role
3 = This is the solution
4 = This is something that will help
5 = This is something that will hinder

An example recently is that I had been struggling with bipolar depression, here is the reading i got:
.........3P..........
..9C..HM..2S(r)
.........2P.........

1= The problem seems to stem from an abundance of emotion, too many feelings
2 = My view of things has become distorted, I feel like I am stuck between two extremes
3 = The solution is to reduce inner conflict and be aware of the different states of mind.
4 = Some work with the potential to be rewarding, keeping busy, will help.
5 = Trying to balance the household and practicalities could be dangerous while in this state, best leave that to my partner.

It may seem that position 4 and 3 are essentially the same thing but 3 can also be read as a goal or lesson and 4 would be part of the process of getting there. I hope this makes sense. I look forward to any feedback

renegade.urban.lotus

I tried this spread out last night for a problem I'm having with a situation causing anxiety, and the results I got were extraordinarily helpful. I even feel peaceful about in the next day, which is unusual for me.

Interestingly, the card I got for position 3 (solution) was my birth card, the Emperor. I think this has something to do with the peaceful feeling of confidence I have now.

Thank you very much for the spread!

NightVision

Thanks for your feedback and I am so glad it was of use to you. I realised after posting it that it is quite similar to other spreads here but it is simpler than many.