Crystal Damage?

Demonesse

Can crystals be damaged in some way if they are not dried well after washing with water, or if they accidentally come into contact with certain things, e.g. detergent/shampoo/soap/oil? Just wondering.

Amythist

unsure

i am unsure on that but i shouldnt of thought so. I own alot of crystals but to my knowlege they should be fine whith energy and colour. i will look it up for you.

Phoenix

Yes they can. If crystals have cracks in them, and water gets into these cracks, the water can break the crustal if it gets too hot/cold. Some softer crystals, such as clacite or gypsum, can be severely damages by water. It can actually dissolve the crystal!

Detergents can also damage softer crystals. My suggestion: be careful.

HudsonGray

I've heard of strong detergents actually pitting surfaces, if left on for a long enough time, but it would depend on the type of crystal or stone, and if it was suseptible or not.

Water in the cracks, and then exposing it to outdoor winter temps (in a pocket or on a necklace or something) would harm it because water expands & contracts, forcing the crack wider. But in regular indoor house environments, I don't think there's anything to worry about. I'd be more worried about a crystal on a necklace pendant swinging forward & hitting the side of the car as I unlock the door, in winter--THAT can cause damage.

Treat them like glass & you'll be ok I think.

(Don't give a salt bath to anything that can rust, like iron pyrite, it's just common sense).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.

coldsuns

How long must the salt bath last? Can we just use water to bath it for a few minutes? Hehe..-.-