Crystals

poivre

If I were to start studying crystals where would I start?
I would study up to 5 or 6 . I know there are some for elements, numbers, zodiac signs but I don't know what stone goes with what. Once I started in alphabetical order, drove me nuts. I would also have to know these because I would give a choice or pick to clients when I finished a tarot reading.

I have some knowledge of :
Moonstone, Rose Quartz, Obsidian, Amethyst & Tiger Eye

Has anyone have any ideas to give me on how to group them? Please. I also have a couple books if I can get started with what goes with what.
Thanks for any replys.

DeLani

Study them as you become interested in them. As you browse through your local lapidary, when one interests you, pick it up. Feel what it's vibrations are. Then look it up in books to learn what it's properties are. Any other way would just be tedious!
There are as many ways of categorizing stones as there are people. You can learn all the stones that go with each chakra, you can learn all the birthstones, all the zodiac stones, whatever. But that is just going to be confusing if you don't understand the stones individually first. Then, when you learn about the stone and feel comfortable with it, look it up to see which chakra it goes with, zodiac sign, etc. As you go along and learn more stones, the patterns will become clearer. But don't try to take it all in at once. Just go one or two at a time!
I always recommend working with quartz crystals first. They contain all the colors within them, are very powerful, can be used as "all-purpose" stones, and are very inexpensive. Try to get some that come from near where you live for best results.
Good luck!