Cutting with Left

Toria the Short

If there's already a thread about this question, I apologize.

I just wanted to know if there's a reason for using the left hand to cut the deck rather than the right? Is this a traditional sort of thing?

Thanks!

Sophie

Actually, it's not the left hand. It's the non-dominant hand, which is often the left, but not always.

The rationale behind it is that you are closer to your unconscious with your non-dominant hand. It's like when you draw or write with it - in theory, you will access your unconscious more easily.

Gavriela

The gypsy rationale is that the left hand is closer to the heart, whether you're left or right-handed. I'm left-handed, but usually cut the deck with my left hand anyway. I happen to like the superstition, but in truth, I don't think it matters.

Toria the Short

Great, thank you!

ana luisa

I usually use the left but if the right hand feels hotter (energy), I use it instead.

Pao

I use the left bc I'm left handed lol hmm should I be using the right? that would be my non-dominant hand.

Frannie

Your brain is divided into two hemispheres, the right and the left. Just as you favor your left or right hand, you also favor the right or left hemisphere of your brain. The left hemisphere interprets details and reasoning, while the right hemisphere interprets information through visual or creative cues. That's the reason why I use my left hand, to activate the intuive part of my brain.