Daily draws teasing you?

Virgo26

Not sure if I'm in the right forum - but anyway :) Does anyone have their daily reading imply a particular situation days in a row but it doesn't seem to manifest right away? I have my standard daily 5-card draw, 'like situation of the day' or 'low point', etc. and for the past few days have had cards appear that allude to a particular someone contacting me for example but they haven't. Just curious if others have a similar experience. Obviously daily readings are more immediate but apparently they like to bring things to your attention in advance sometimes...

lalalibra

Yes, this has sometimes been true in my experience as well, Virgo26. :)

I find my daily draws don't always have to be limited to the-day-of when they pick up on ongoing issues/situations. It may be relevant to the events of that day, but sometimes it's about something much more, something deeper in relevance to my inner world. There's never a better opportunity for inner work than the present moment, after all...

Also, sometimes the card may reflect something that may seem like it hasn't happening, but it's actually happening on another level - as in, the card may be a reflection of what is being created (and perhaps soon to manifest) based on the energies present that day in general, or the energies within you or within others. So it's like it is manifesting, but we just don't "see" it.

Back to the whole idea of inner work, however, the card may reflect how you're feeling or what you desire rather than what will necessarily come to pass in your outer world.

But that being said, I have had many experiences informing or forewarning me of outer events too. A few experiences marked by the appearance of the Tower card particularly stand out in my memory, where it didn't become clear until days after.

I personally don't mind all this however, as the daily draw for me is very open, more like a free-for-all, allowing whatever to come up, so I don't really see it as a tease. It's a good way to sharpen the intuition... If I'm looking for something specific, then I'd ask a question ;)

Virgo26

Lalalibra - thanks for your reply :) that makes sense - I guess I get caught up sometimes in position meanings like when something is 'unexpected' or the high point of the day for example, I think of something happening to me externally. Might point to me thinking too much about that and not inside perhaps.

But yes, sometimes it is foreshadowing. And if it involves another person, people change and so do circumstances.

Out of curiosity - do you tend to have a specific spread or do you just pull a couple of cards and see what comes out of it?

VioletEye

i agree with everything lalalibra said, most especially this:

Also, sometimes the card may reflect something that may seem like it hasn't happening, but it's actually happening on another level - as in, the card may be a reflection of what is being created (and perhaps soon to manifest) based on the energies present that day in general, or the energies within you or within others. So it's like it is manifesting, but we just don't "see" it.

Back to the whole idea of inner work, however, the card may reflect how you're feeling or what you desire rather than what will necessarily come to pass in your outer world.

if, for example, you're preoccupied with a certain someone contacting you, then that can be reflected in the cards as a part of your day. i know it seems like a cyclical paradox: you think about something, it ends up in the cards, making you think about it more, making it pop up more... when this happens, i ask the cards what i need to know about that particular topic.

i actually kind of love these kind of interaction with the cards, if you zero in on it, you'll usually end up with some great insight! good luck ~

lalalibra

Out of curiosity - do you tend to have a specific spread or do you just pull a couple of cards and see what comes out of it?

I used to do daily spreads of some sort. There's one in the Mary-el Tarot guidebook that I used to enjoy (it's three cards: "within," "without," and "advice"). But over time, I felt like my cards were rebelling against spread positions. The three cards instead seemed to tell a story together. They all seemed to have something to say about each other (so they read in combination). That's the tricky thing I've found with spreads - they have these specific positions in them, but the cards all want to "sing" together in chorus. Each card in itself would amount to some kind of advice, for example. It's like that saying, "Within every problem lies the solution."

So now I'm much more freestyle with it. I start by pulling one card, see what I get from it. And then sometimes I'll pull another card if I feel drawn to (I usually don't need more than three). I don't pull these subsequent cards in advance; I focus on one card a time and if I need to, I'll add more to it as I go along... I'll usually return to the deck in the evening to do the same thing...

To me, that feels more like having an actual conversation with the deck rather than like mapping out a puzzle (which is how a spread would make me feel at times). That's just me though. And I do still use spreads sometimes (I just don't usually read them as "neatly" anymore in terms of restricting what I get from a card based on what it's supposed to represent in a certain spread position)... It's all definitely more about getting a feel for what works for you personally. Initially doing a daily spread is what helped me to determine my own preference. :)

lalalibra

if, for example, you're preoccupied with a certain someone contacting you, then that can be reflected in the cards as a part of your day. i know it seems like a cyclical paradox: you think about something, it ends up in the cards, making you think about it more, making it pop up more... when this happens, i ask the cards what i need to know about that particular topic.

Yes, it's so fascinating to me how the act of using the cards in itself becomes a part of your reality, adding to the way things unfold!

Virgo26

i agree with everything lalalibra said, most especially this:

i actually kind of love these kind of interaction with the cards, if you zero in on it, you'll usually end up with some great insight! good luck ~

Thanks VioletEye. It is interesting how these things come to light. Although you may think a certain topic isn't on your mind or you're coming in clear, cards will show up to talk about it. Thankfully today the cards looked a bit more normal and not sprinkled with subconscious topics :) & I could feel I was in a different headspace as well, a lot more productive.

Virgo26

I used to do daily spreads of some sort. There's one in the Mary-el Tarot guidebook that I used to enjoy (it's three cards: "within," "without," and "advice"). But over time, I felt like my cards were rebelling against spread positions. The three cards instead seemed to tell a story together. They all seemed to have something to say about each other (so they read in combination). That's the tricky thing I've found with spreads - they have these specific positions in them, but the cards all want to "sing" together in chorus. Each card in itself would amount to some kind of advice, for example. It's like that saying, "Within every problem lies the solution."

So now I'm much more freestyle with it. I start by pulling one card, see what I get from it. And then sometimes I'll pull another card if I feel drawn to (I usually don't need more than three). I don't pull these subsequent cards in advance; I focus on one card a time and if I need to, I'll add more to it as I go along... I'll usually return to the deck in the evening to do the same thing...

To me, that feels more like having an actual conversation with the deck rather than like mapping out a puzzle (which is how a spread would make me feel at times). That's just me though. And I do still use spreads sometimes (I just don't usually read them as "neatly" anymore in terms of restricting what I get from a card based on what it's supposed to represent in a certain spread position)... It's all definitely more about getting a feel for what works for you personally. Initially doing a daily spread is what helped me to determine my own preference. :)

Nice -I haven't really done too many freestyle readings, probably because I haven't given myself the space to do it. But as you say, when you do a daily reading your observations are a bit more immediate. So you can try to make sense of something one way on a particular day and then try it differently another if it comes down to that. Just have to trust myself more to read what the cards are trying to say.