Daily Faery Help

scentsability

Hi

Today I drew The Singer of Connection reversed and I was wondering if any of you would share your thoughts with me.

I saw the Singer as being all encompassing and complete and then when I read the book I came to realize that this is true to some extent. It also talked about keeping your heart open and not letting yourself fall into the trap of anger, jealousy, grief, etc.

This is certainly something that I have been warring with as of late. I have developed a pretty jaded view of alot of things and have lost a lot of faith in things so for the Fae to tell me "open your heart, don't give in to the dark side" (hee hee, sorry for the quote!) it tells me that they are really in tune with me and the challenges I am facing.

I am totally encouraged by this but also scared because I am not sure if I have what it takes to adjust my view of the world. I know that I can ask Fae for help but I also realize that the work is mine alone.

I appreciate your input with this.

Take care and be well.

Jen

Octopus

How about looking from a larger perspective before putting together 2 and 2? There maybe something you avoid to see or simply overlook. I suggest an analogy with the Sage. Play the Sage. ;) Imagine that you are wise and old and think of what you would say if you look at your situation/life period from THAT (the Sage's) viewpoint. Write the message down, become yourself and observe this advice from... yourself. Be ready to enjoy how wise you can actually be. :)))

It's all - MHO, of course.

dobro

"Today I drew The Singer of Connection reversed and I was wondering if any of you would share your thoughts with me."

The opposite of being connected to things is being isolated or alienated.

It's true the text talks about keeping your heart open and taking the chance involved in letting your defenses down, and I think that's true - how can you connect with anyone or anything if your heart's not open?

But you said this: "I have developed a pretty jaded view of alot of things." So is your disconnectedness a heart issue, or is it more a matter of learning how to appreciate things ?

You also said: "and have lost a lot of faith in things." So is this a heart issue? Or a matter of remembering to see how everything arises out of and finds its primary value in arising out of the best thing in the universe?

You also talked about seeing the Singer of Connection as being all-encompassing and complete. Well, maybe you need to connect with the Source. It's not that hard to do, and the experience tends to be all-encompassing and complete.