damaged cards

Bronwyn1

Once again, I spilled liquid on one of my brand new cards and of course it's warped. Is there anything I can do fix it? I'm such a klutz some times.

Bronwyn

Grizabella

I've never tried it but I've heard that ironing the card works. And that does make sense, because heating the laminate and the "sticky" that holds the layers of paper together would probably restore their holding properties. I spilled something on one of the new RWS decks and one or two of the cards came apart in the layers, but what I did was just put them back together with the damaged cards in the middle and now I can't tell which ones were damaged.

Bronwyn1

Thanks Griz, I was thinking about that too. I'll let you know how they turn out.

rwcarter

There was a thread sometime in the last month or so about someone (can't remember who though!) in New York whose OOP got liquid spilled on it in the subway. He detailed the process he eventually used to restore the cards and even posted pics of a couple of them. The results were night and day!

Rodney

Le Fanu

Yes... No time to do a search or link here, but wasn´t it called "My Seinfeld moment" or something?

A woman tripped and spilt grapefruit juice onto someone´s Tarot of the Master...

rwcarter

Le Fanu,

Seinfeld was definitely in the title! I don't have time to search either right now cause I should be working....

Rodney

Bronwyn1

Thanks guys.

My entire life has been a Seinfeld episode, lol. What I'm going to do is use one of my old decks, totally destroyed, and use it as my guinea pig before totally destroying my new Revelations deck. aagghhhhh

Bronwyn1

Well, if you DO intend to iron them, put a towel over the card and do it on low heat. If you don't, the card just sort of bubbles and looks likea tortilla left in the oven too long.

I'll keep you posted.