Dame Fortune's Wheel Trimming?

Cassandra022

Hi Guys,

I didn't see this deck mentioned in the main trimming thread...

I literally JUST received it from the UPS man, and opened it, and well...

since taking the leap into the world of trimming with my revelations, i've been on a kind of trimming spree lately...to some degree or another, i've trimmed that, my deviant moon, my magical forest, my sun and moon, and my crystal decks....and in each case, i loved them so much more after trimming, they became easier for me to get into/read in the cases of ones i've since read with, etc.

My first thought, opening this deck, was... :0 unnecessary white boarders, trimming project!?

Kind of waffling if I should right off the bat though...might help me get to know the new deck better...dunno

Has anyone with this deck tried trimming it/know of pictures of this deck trimmed? Should I just go for it?

Cassandra022

mmkay, well in any case...i just tried trimming the Significator card as a test run since I dunno if i'm even going to be using that one...while i have slightly mixed feelings about my border rounder rounding too much on this deck....there's really no comparison...it looks so much better to me without the white borders...backs look better too...

*deep breath* think i'm going to have to go for it

Rasa

please do share pictures of the results!

I thought about trimming mine, and also clipped down the significator card.... but I never did the rest.
I do think it would look good trimmed, but since it's a deck I've barely gotten into using, I've wondered if I'll trade it off at some point, and so I've kept it intact.

Cassandra022

I will definitely share pictures :] I've done the first proper card, the fool, and think i've figured out a slightly tedious way to make my corner rounder produce better results...

preliminary verdict: so worth doing. so, so, worth doing.

Also trying to take the opportunity to really familiarize myself with each card as I go.

Dunno, I find trimming to be really...soothing, meditative almost...

Carla

I love trimming but I don't think I'll be trimming my Dame Fortune's Wheel. I actually like the white borders on a few decks: Robin Wood, Dame Fortune's Wheel and Buddha Tarot spring to mind.

Can't wait to see your pictures!!

Rasa

If the corner rounder takes off too much, you could try 'sanding down' the pointy corners.

I trimmed my Nigel Jackson the other day (I LOVE it now!), and liked the thin square borders left around the image, and thought they'd look funny with the corners lopped off...... so I just held the deck together like a brick, and ran an emery board a few times over each of the 4 sharp edges, and voila! The corners are still pointed-ish, but don't stab my palms when I shuffle.

Cassandra022

attaching a picture of the one's i've gotten done so far :]

Attachments

• damefortrim.jpg
    damefortrim.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 125