Das Lied der Rohrigen- Five Disks

KarlThomas

What me worry?

The figure stands in a small field of large stones, the only landscape element is a dead, fallen tree. Not only is he holding these five enormous disks, each larger than himself, but he is in the path of falling boulders... not rocks, boulders, which rain on him quite deliberately.

I drew this in a coffee shop today as the Harmony card. "Huh?" says I to me. Worry in harmony? So this poor fool is supposed to balance striving and escapism by worrying? TAXI!!!

So I started talking with my sitter about his ability to worry on a problem, and how it will serve him, in this time, to create unusual solutions. Then we launched into what those solutions might look like.

This was a bizarre place for the five, but it fit quite well, oddly enough. Never liked the card more.

I like the boilerplate advice that springs to mind regarding the futility of worry, most especially the bit on worrying what others think, and resntment:

"Carrying a resentment is like setting your hair on fire and hoping they die of smoke inhalation."

But this worry also embodies a deep concern for plans set in motion, objects being crafted, creative projects underway. In this light, it can be a healthy component of a day's thinking.

This balancing act is a brutally difficult affair, and fruitless. But without value? Not always.

Attachments

• 26-Minor-Discs-05-1.JPG
    26-Minor-Discs-05-1.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 767