Das Lied der Rohrigen- Hierophant

KarlThomas

Hierophant in Rohrig is on that tarot pathway away from the pope and toward a more enigmatic holy man.

He has quite the piercing gaze. In my deck, he is instructive, asking us to
look to a part of ourselves normally shied away from. Hierophant can be an aspect of enormous power and security, which is a source of strength, but moreover of deep love, not unconditional love, but love specifically for us as individuals.

The wonder of one as a lived life, the exact life, result of every choice made to date, and things walked away from. This aspect is holy, no stranger to divine wisdom, and it isn't hoo haa magic or ritual or secret holy.

This is the everyday holy who smiles at the cashier when buying toilet paper. This is the holy who greets the crone others shy away from. This is the source of love: drink it like water.

Hierophant today is less representative of church and social systems of belief, more about faith and love.

Attachments

• 05-Major-Hierophant.jpg
    05-Major-Hierophant.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 140

KarlThomas

Hierophant is no pope in this deck. He's a holy man rascal, with subtle mischief in his eyes. No stranger to a laugh or a good meal, he's my kind of holy. He is the holy who shovels when it snows, the holy who grins at the waiter when he's being a real dick. Monkey holy.

Arguably a re-hash of the post above but I'm looking into this holy man continually.

He is a gift of direction, worthy, out of his choice to be worthy, headed to the place he comes from, at paces calibrated to moon cycles, wind chimes, and the random clacking of hippie beads worn over yellow overalls. He spots a fine pair of fishnets and appreciates, like a sunrise, the lines and colors.