Das Lied der Rohrigen - Nine of Wands

Moonbow

I get an immense feeling of power with this card.

This was once a huge, solid stone box. It was square, representing solidity and strength, and the walls were thick. It was old and has been around for many years. I see a star exploding close to the box with such a force that the box has been lifted from the ground and shatters to pieces.

There is no getting away from the power indicated in this card with the brilliance of the star next to the drabness of the stone box. It oozes power and ...... yes strength - no need for the keywords at all!

To me the star represents the power of creation and the power of destruction that nature has over man-made (the box) structures.

Little Baron

Wow ...

This one is explosive, to say the least.

It is funny, but I remember so many of te cards, but I am looking at this one tonight, as if I have never seen it before.

I was talking to another member yesterday about a period of my life when I was very 'low'. I told him that because I had held so many emotions and feelings inside me, with regards to a certain situation, that finally, there was no way of holding them in any longer ... and I blew. They all shot out like the stone from this box, and looking at the card now, that is what it reminds me of; the energy inside, building and building, until breaking point. The star, or beam of light, which seems to be behind the box and not part of the erruption, for me, is the relief of letting it all out; either speaking about something, splitting from a relationship, acknowleging something you have tried to supress. If the word 'Strength', which is shown at the bottom of the card means anything to me, then it is the strength to admit something to yourself or others or confront an issue - not necessarily physically.

I must say though, that in this picture, I am curious about the bottom of the box. The explosion is massive and I can see all of the small pieces of stone rocketing out to the sides of the card. However, through so much movement, the bottom of the box seems relatively still - as if it is just levetating over the ground.

Since this is a '9' and not a complete '10' I see this as being the final steps before something being resolved; the admittance, the confession, the breaking point. It is a little like a 'mini' version of the Tower, as I am sure that things will be better once the explosion has settled.

Any thoughts?

Yaboot

Moonbow

Great stuff Yaboot

To me it's the Star exploding and to you it's the box, I love to hear other people's feelings about cards and I know for sure that I will not forget the meaning of this card now. I love the way you have applied it you your own emotional experiences too. Wonderful stuff.

I also like the numerology you applied which makes me think, like you, that if only the top part of the box is destroyed maybe there is still something left behind to build on...... hmmm

I am now thinking of what I will be drawing in my journal to reflect this card..........

Little Baron

Just looking again Moonbow; everything I said about the build up to breaking point etc.

I didn't think about it before but the cracks on the bottom of the box could resemble the cracks that started to form for me before the explosion. They show a deep routed problem. Also, the negative and trapped way that I felt could be echoed in the wands at the top of the page. Firstly, having four on one side and three on the other could show the inbalance. Secondly, they are very different to the beautiful peachy/pink wands in the beginning cards of the suit. These ones are dark and decayed looking. Since I related to a feeling of being trapped with this card, they also remind me of bars in a jail or that of a cage. If that is so, then the explosion has blown away the structure as well, showing promise throught the light.

There is a close resemblense to 'The Tower' and also the slab in the '5 of Cups'.

My last two daily draws were -
4 of Swords,
4 of Wands.

I read somewhere that the 4S was 'calm after the storm' and the 4W was the 'calm before the storm'. Maybe this card could fit inbetween the two.

Yaboot

Little Baron

Where have they gone Moonbow? Where are all of our crazy Rohrig mates?

Jewel-ry

I'm definately coming out to play Yaboot, once I've finished trimming my deck. Don't wait for me though. I'll catch up.

:)

Moonbow

They will be here sometime Yaboot, in the meantime we will keep going.

Now, I have just put the three cards you mention in order:

4 Cups, 9 Wands, 4 Swords............. WOW what a story they tell!

When I look at them in that order, I see the sphere of the 4 of Wands all complete and rosy, hovering over and emotional sea, then.... Wham! it's the Star exploding, taking your nice little secure world with it. The 4 of Swords looks like the remnants of the exlpoded star, still bright but a blue calm light and the remnants of the box strewn on the ground. But in the distance is a new world.............

I love this deck! :D