Dealing with difficulties

lilly22

I found this spread here on the forum and I thought I'd give it a try. My boyfriend and I recently broke up but in a very good, friendly way. We're still in contact and everytime we talk I feel like this isn't "the end" but a pause, in a way. Anyway, I just wanted to post it to make sure I'm not just seeing what I want to see.

The name of the spread is dealing with difficulties. You think about what you're having most issues with and pre select two cards first, one that represents your diffculty and one that shows where you want to be once you get past that. The other cards are drawn to show you how to get from point A to point B, sort to speak. I used the Rider-Waite deck and was expecting reversals, didn't get any though.

Here's what I got:

The two cards I chose were Five of Cups and Six of Cups. The five of cups because I'm having a hard time letting go of those three cups that are knocked down and focusing on the two ones left. I still have great things going on in my life, school, friends, but I just don't seem to let go of my relationship with my ex, eventhough it might be what's best for us right now. And the six of cups because I'm hoping this is only a pause and not the actual end of our relationship, and that later on we will be together again.

1) .. What do you need to understand about your present difficulty?
Two of Cups - Here's the thing. Does this mean our relationship is real and we're meant to be together? Or that the reason why I'm having a hard time is because I think we're meant to be?

2) .. How might you change yourself to get past this difficulty?
The Star - Work on my self esteem and be hopeful.

3) .. What wisdom will you gain from your present difficulty?
Page of Wands - I will grow as a person.

4) .. How might you transform your present difficulty into something more positive?
The Fool - See it as a necessary step on your journey through life in order to find happinness.

What do you guys think?

raeanne

Hi lilly22
Here’s my take on this spread:

1) .. What do you need to understand about your present difficulty?
Two of Cups
I would say that the Two of Cups in this position is asking you to take a closer look at what the relationship means to you. It could be that you value friendship over romance – or the other way around. But, to understand your difficulty, you must examine it more closely and find out just what this person means to you.

2) .. How might you change yourself to get past this difficulty?
The Star
For me, The Star is about showing your vulnerability. If you have a healthy self esteem you will be more willing to show your vulnerable side. If you protect your vulnerable side, you won’t get hurt but it is through getting hurt and moving on that we grow as spiritual beings. I guess I would say that you have to be willing to get hurt if you want to get past this. (I know, that’s maybe not what you wanted to hear – sorry ‘bout that. :-( )

3) .. What wisdom will you gain from your present difficulty?
Page of Wands
The Pages are all on a ‘lower’ level for me. I don’t mean ‘less than’, just younger and more innocent – like an apprentice. Sometimes you have to start over from the beginning. Actually, this card seems to me to have more of a ‘don’t over think things’ feeling to it. To gain from your difficulty maybe you have to be more simplistic and not over complicate things.

4) .. How might you transform your present difficulty into something more positive?
The Fool
I think your assessment of this card is pretty spot on. Either that or ‘start a new journey’.

Best of luck to you. Enjoy your life!

Grizabella

Well, the Fool says to me that maybe you need to stop over-thinking the situation and just accept it at face value and move on. I know that's really hard, but if you can manage it, then I think it will help you a lot. The Fool is like that, you know. Every day is a new day and he just trips along enjoying everything being new again without his over-analysis or pondering everything at length. Like being newborn every day, sort of. He's not held back by the past or worried about the future----he just IS, you know? :)