Death and Knight of swords

csophia

Hello, in this CC spread, Death came up in the near future and the Knight of swords came out as the outcome. It would be a devastating change happening soon? It is a relationship question..
There are two horses, one on the Death card and the other with the knight of swords, and they are facing each other...any ideas on this? Thank you

Chimera Dust

To me, Death doesn't necessarily mean The End. It can be about change in general. For example, there might be a break-up, but not the sort where people don't speak to each other ever again -- I've had friends who have broken up with each other but became best friends after that, they just work better on a platonic level. It could be about other changes, where the relationship remains but something is different, for example, they start ressenting each other but don't break-up, it becomes long-distance, or it goes through hardship and becomes stronger. There are so many types of relationship changes that I would consider possible.

With the Knight of Swords, I would still consider that it doesn't have to be the end -- just very fast changes and a lack of stability. An argument that escalates, a sudden move, things like that. On the other hand, it may also mean that those changes will be over quickly, for better or worse. Given the association with swords, I would say that it's probably more related to thoughts than feelings. It's a relationship reading, so some feelings are unavoidable, and it doesn't mean they're rational thoughts. But I would say there is a difference between change happening because a partner suddenly falls in love with someone else, and change happening because that partner starts thinking about the relationship and thinks that make them unhappy.

I hope this makes sense, and it's just my two cents. The horses on the cards make me think of some kind of collision or obstacle, but that's a wild guess on my part.

csophia

To me, Death doesn't necessarily mean The End. It can be about change in general. For example, there might be a break-up, but not the sort where people don't speak to each other ever again -- I've had friends who have broken up with each other but became best friends after that, they just work better on a platonic level. It could be about other changes, where the relationship remains but something is different, for example, they start ressenting each other but don't break-up, it becomes long-distance, or it goes through hardship and becomes stronger. There are so many types of relationship changes that I would consider possible.

With the Knight of Swords, I would still consider that it doesn't have to be the end -- just very fast changes and a lack of stability. An argument that escalates, a sudden move, things like that. On the other hand, it may also mean that those changes will be over quickly, for better or worse. Given the association with swords, I would say that it's probably more related to thoughts than feelings. It's a relationship reading, so some feelings are unavoidable, and it doesn't mean they're rational thoughts. But I would say there is a difference between change happening because a partner suddenly falls in love with someone else, and change happening because that partner starts thinking about the relationship and thinks that make them unhappy.

I hope this makes sense, and it's just my two cents. The horses on the cards make me think of some kind of collision or obstacle, but that's a wild guess on my part.

Hi Chimera Dust thanks for your interpretation!!
They haven't start a relationship yet. Sorry forgot to mention that... it was a spread for a friend of mine, she found out he is in a serious relationship for quite some time...

The question was if there was any chance they could start a relationship?

I put the whole spread in too, in case you would have a chance to see it..

Thank you so much!