Death and the Hermit

Ethereal

how would one read this combo in regards to how much guilt and regret a person feels in regards to how they treated another?

i don't see guilt and regret here, more like it was a learning experience that he gained wisdom from, realizing that the way he treated this person culminated in the death of the relationship. no going back, ended. i think? any other takes on this one? thanks!

momentarylight

how would one read this combo in regards to how much guilt and regret a person feels in regards to how they treated another?

i don't see guilt and regret here, more like it was a learning experience that he gained wisdom from, realizing that the way he treated this person culminated in the death of the relationship. no going back, ended. i think? any other takes on this one? thanks!

It is an odd question. Why would someone want to know 'how much'?

Like you, I'd see the Death card as being an awakening to the other's hurt or the consequences of the thoughtlessness or whatever the hurt was. And the Hermit may mean that the awakening leads to some internal reflection on what has happened.

Ethereal

thanks for helping out here, momentarylight. as far as wondering how much guilt and regret the other person is experiencing, it's because in this particular situation what happened was totally unfair to the other party, involved. i think we're on the same page here; an awakening to the other's hurt, consequences of thoughtlessness regarding the hurt. hermit awakening, internal reflection on what has happened. great insight with the hermit, thanks!

PAMUYA

The question assumes that they are feeling guilt and regreat. Perhaps the question should have been How does "A" feel about how they treated "B".

Ethereal

makes sense, pamuya. perhaps the question wasn't worded properly? maybe that would be a better way to word it. thanks for the info regarding this, appreciated!

casia

Could it be that A's attitude made B turn away, retreat in solitude????