Death + The Chariot

SA12

Just curious to see what people make of this Trump combo and how the energies could play out... (FYI to those who read with elements, in my particular 3 card spread, the Chariot center card was flanked on the right by a fire card)

Looking at these two alone, I think of something ending + trying to maintain control of the situation. Both are water cards, but they have drastically different agendas; Death is about accepting the inevitable and going through a major transition, and the Chariot is more along the lines of hard-control/assertiveness. Both cards have an element of something being 'decided' though, whether it is within or outside of our control. I could see the two by themselves as one coming out on top after facing an inevitable change. However, since the Chariot for me was flanked by an ill-dignified wands court, I could even see the energy of the situation growing reckless or becoming a major power-struggle.

Thoughts?

EmiRob

I think it's correct!

I think it's the end of a situation, that has to be well managed.

Moonson

i usually work with robin wood deck and it's death card pictures a cloaked figure pointing in a diferent direction so, i don't see Death as being a final (end) card, but more a "facing the unkown" card, about choosing a direction (facing the cloaked figure or go in another way).
i would say you have to be carefull, think about and learn (with knowledge comes control) about the situation before making any choise that can get you lost or in a position that is strange

WalesWoman

I think I'd read this combo as whatever is over, it's over, make the decision to let go and will yourself to move on. Death might just feel like a train wreck, like you can't go on or can't get over it. You can't really change what is done and gone, but you can choose how you deal with it and the Chariot would give you the strength of will to pick yourself up and get back on your path.

SA12

Thank you all for your replies!

Moonson, I don't use RobinWood atm, but I do have a book that depicts those cards, so I'll take a look :)
Emi, thanks for weighing in and welcome to the forums!

And Waleswoman, as always thank you so much for your insight! I pulled these cards in the context of a 'what is going to happen' sort of scenario and your thoughts really make sense.

Grizabella

I'd also be very careful in a car or other means of transportation if I saw those cards.

SA12

Eesh, yes, that is certainly something else to consider! Especially given the fiery court card present in my spread, I could see a literal accident, as much as a situation becoming a volatile power-struggle. Thank you, Grizabella!

Miel

I'd also be very careful in a car or other means of transportation if I saw those cards.
That is also what I thought when I saw this combination.

The Chariot and Death are both "job" arcana. So it could perhaps represent some changes in the professional aspect of your life.

Moonson

Moonson, I don't use RobinWood atm, but I do have a book that depicts that cards, so I'll take a look
What book? And tell me what you think about it

Grizabella, makes a good point! :)

SA12

Tarot: Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis. :) Robin Wood illustrations are depicted in great detail throughout, but I have found its text useful for several other decks.