Der Akron

sashie

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/akron/index.shtml

Der Akron - does anyone have one? Use it? Love it? Please tell me what you think of it.

I saw all the images from this deck on albideuter, and I've fallen in love. I can't find loads of information about it, and I've been searching eBay for a few months, to no avail. And it's listed as Out of Stock at Tarot Garden.

I've been meaning to post an ISO thread, but I have no idea what I should expect to pay for it.

I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts or information you have to share.

Nachtigall

The deck is sold on amazon.de for 33 euros. I love the images, but the price is too much for me to pay for a majors-only deck.

Dusk Till Dawn

I have it, it's 80 Cards, and some got damaged on the black borders when I tried to pry the cards carefully apart.I wouldn't buy it again, for me it's not the special. It has a Lay out plan, and a hard bound book that goes with the Set, overall the Boxes are made very well, just the cards are crappy in my opinion..

Nachtigall

OK, so now I see, I've obviously been wrong about the deck being majors-only:)

sashie

Thanks to both of you!

Nachtigall, I don't speak any German, and I don't feel confident going through the Amazon marketplace without being able to understand what the listings are saying. Free translations leave me scratching my head. I'm glad it appears to be available somewhere.

I understand it comes as a heavy kit with a hardbound book. I suppose there's no way it could be listed as new if it's not intact.

Seeker, I really appreciate the first hand account.

Now I'm worried about buying it new and having to pry apart myself. Perhaps I need to ponder this purchase a bit further. But the images are so enticing.

Oh dear.

Nachtigall

sashie said:
Thanks to both of you!

Nachtigall, I don't speak any German, and I don't feel confident going through the Amazon marketplace without being able to understand what the listings are saying. Free translations leave me scratching my head. I'm glad it appears to be available somewhere.

I understand it comes as a heavy kit with a hardbound book. I suppose there's no way it could be listed as new if it's not intact.

Seeker, I really appreciate the first hand account.

Now I'm worried about buying it new and having to pry apart myself. Perhaps I need to ponder this purchase a bit further. But the images are so enticing.

Oh dear.
Actually, it can be bought from Amazon direct, not just from marketplace sellers. And as I see, it's also available at amazon.co.uk - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Akron-Tarot...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273524891&sr=8-2

AJ

I just bought DeadlyNightShade's from her, I like it.
there isn't anything wrong with the cardstock, it is much like Lo Scarabeos, she just happened to get a deck with a few stuck together cards. It can happen with any deck.

this deck is in German, and the box did not have a book in it, I mean there isn't room for a book, just the space for the cards, divided in half to sit in, and the poster thingie. The box reminds me size-wise, of the ones we used to get nylons in, before pantyhose. When the earth was in black and white still.

I'm having fun translating the titles and keywords
strength is titled lust (is this a thoth based deck?) Temperance is alchemy and so on.
there are two devil cards, the regular one, plus XV/II and XV/I which is a double ended card titled Scarlet Anima and Black Goddess, and a card title dunkle kind/Dark Child. rather than a number it has a reversed ankh and the keywords are retreat and body abuse.

I haven't gotten to the minors/courts yet.