Derivative houses in natal astrology and progressions thereof

einhverfr

I am wondering how many people here when asked specific questions about a chart use derivative houses? My father in law passed away last year and I was looking back at the progressions in my wife's chart and it appears that at that time, Mercury (the ruler of the 11th house which is the 8th from the fourth) progresses into a complete trine with Uranus, co-ruler of the fourth. At the same time, the moon (ruler of the 9th, long travels) progresses into a conjunction with Mars and a trine with Saturn (co-ruler of the 4th). The 9th house is also the 6th from the 4th and could indicate heath problems of the father.

dadsnook2000

Yes

Yes, I use Derivitive House meanings. I studied with Bob Pelletier during the time he wrote that book -- boy, did he hate the sheer amount of work that went into it. But, the book is good even if under-appreciated. I'm not sure how many would have stuck with the large amount of writing that went into it.
We have had other threads here that discussed this. You might want to do a search and read them. Dave.

wizzle

I use them too, if rather casually. I have Pelletier's book and it is definetly a classic in the genre.