Devil as action

Casey74

Devil card as action to take

So I did a career spread regarding my unhappy career and got the devil as action to take?

I really cant work this out. I often get this card to show my frustration so perhaps its saying that I need to stop seeing myself as restricted in some way, and that I have the ability to change this by changing my thoughts?

Any ideas would be most welcome

rwcarter

perhaps its saying that I need to stop seeing myself as restricted in some way, and that I have the ability to change this by changing my thoughts?
In most depictions of the card, the chains around the necks of the two humans are very loose and they could very easily take them off if they wanted to. So your action is to stop allowing yourself to be restricted.

Rodney

Casey74

In most depictions of the card, the chains around the necks of the two humans are very loose and they could very easily take them off if they wanted to. So your action is to stop allowing yourself to be restricted.

Rodney

Thank you - that makes a lot of sense. I have in the past sabotaged myself with opportunities out of a lack of faith and then become frustrated when I feel stuck. This is another one of those times. Can this card represent that Im my own worst enemy?

rwcarter

Can this card represent that Im my own worst enemy?
If you've had other opportunities to remove the yoke and you haven't, then have lamented the condition in which you find yourself, then yes.

Rodney

Intotouch

If the devil is the action that you should take then I think that this means that you should remain chained and miserable and feeling trapped in your current career. Although this is awful for the present, and immediate future, until you find another viable means of supporting yourself this may absolutely be your best course of action. You know the phrase "better the devil you know than the devil you don't" too. If you break your chains now and quit you may feel free but will you be able to pay your rent/ mortgage and have enough to eat? Will you end up working somewhere where you will feel even worse? If you have no other options for earning a living for now then I can absolutely see how the devil is your best course of action and you should hold onto that job. But the chains in the devil are ones you can break so this feeling of being trapped is only a feeling, an illusion. If you stay you are choosing to do so, (even if your choices are limited) but knowing this should help you endure this, and you can look for a way out while still earning an income.

Casey74

If you've had other opportunities to remove the yoke and you haven't, then have lamented the condition in which you find yourself, then yes.

Rodney

I totally get it. A repeating pattern I need to change for sure.

Casey74

If the devil is the action that you should take then I think that this means that you should remain chained and miserable and feeling trapped in your current career. Although this is awful for the present, and immediate future, until you find another viable means of supporting yourself this may absolutely be your best course of action. You know the phrase "better the devil you know than the devil you don't" too. If you break your chains now and quit you may feel free but will you be able to pay your rent/ mortgage and have enough to eat? Will you end up working somewhere where you will feel even worse? If you have no other options for earning a living for now then I can absolutely see how the devil is your best course of action and you should hold onto that job. But the chains in the devil are ones you can break so this feeling of being trapped is only a feeling, an illusion. If you stay you are choosing to do so, (even if your choices are limited) but knowing this should help you endure this, and you can look for a way out while still earning an income.

Yes that totally makes sense. I wont quit just yet until i have found something else. I just feel if I dont leave they will manage me out like they have done with other people they dont like. Its very petty and very mean. In reality i was ready to leave 18 months ago but hung in there, now im in this position where i feel trapped and helpless. I have got to see a better way though, a more positive way. Ill hang in there for the time being and prayer for something to come along. :)